cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

This may seem like a regular nude as opposed to an "un nude" but this is definitely an unnude to me lol!  Retsina by Bite!

edit: i guess unnudes include regular nudes so that works too! I feel im not making sense but its ok, its friday. Wineday!

IMG_0866.JPG

@sabrinas - This makes sense to me!  I've been wearing nudes and unnudes too.  I kind of figure a nude is a nude.  Actually, if you think about it, shouldn't an unnude be the opposite of a nude, like red, berry, purple, anything with color?  The "un" makes it "not."  So it's "not a nude."  Just a thought...

Charlotte Tilbury Bond Girl for the movie date with my kids 🙂

Spoiler
IMG_5581.JPG

@fatimamummy - You look awesome!

Thank you @Titian06 

@fatimamummy,

I just came on this thread to tell you how beautiful you look!  I also love this blue on you!  I hope you and the kids had a good time at the movies! 🙂

@fatimamummy

I totally agree. You are a striking woman and this lip colour looks great on you. Your features are so beautiful and I am just totally in love with your hijab! 

You ladies are so sweet 😊 Thank you @EvangelineDamon I'll take it as a compliment.

Thank you @tsavorite You are too kind. We had great time although I am not a fan of Lego movies.

My mom took my son to the new Lego movie, and afterward she said to me "Trust me — I just did you a big favour!" I take it it wasn't extremely adult-friendly. 

It was exactly like all other Lego movies, full of noise and destruction @Beadshopgirl I don't like the general kill or die concept of these movies.

Maybelline Untainted spice..then for a grungy feel I topped the same lipstick with UD Smog Eyeshadow in the middle and UD toasted eyeshadow on the outer corners for dimension. Surprisingly by some miracle both lip pics came out in the same angle..That never happens lol.

One thing I learnt from this challenge - I definitely need to invest in some lip liners and a better lip balm 😁

Screenshot_20170217-160106.jpg

Screenshot_20170217-155501.jpg

@Anewxa Maybelline has some awesome nudes, I'm going to have to look for this one! I love the look with the shadows, it's so creative!

Omg that's genius!!! I'm going to try this, I love the color you created!!!

Kylie Cos Exposed  

FullSizeRender.jpg

Spoiler
This is WAAAAY out of my comfort zone and many shades lighter than my natural lip color. I don't think i washes me out as badly as some other nudes I've tried though! I definitely feel comfortable enough to wear this out. It's a very beigey nude upon inital application, but shows some pink after it dries. Speaking of drying .. it feels pretty darn drying, but looks okay imo.

I normally wear dark reds, vampy purples, or lip balm so everything light looks strange to my eyes. I've been actively trying to find a good light-nude to counter my naturally dark lips though.

Shoutout to @AnneMCC for being an amazing person to trade with. This is not something I would normally purchase for myself, but was curious about. V happy to have it! 🙂

@whitepolkydots that color looks so nice on you! it doesn't wash you out at all 🙂

thanks @unfungirl! it's still very weird to see "no lips" on my face when i pass by a mirror but it's starting to grow on me 

i feel the same way when i wear paler colors @whitepolkydots but i love them with a bold eye look!

UD Vice 1993. At first, I didn't know if I would like this and thought it would be too brown, but it pulls mauve on me. And I do like it quite a bit! This formula is really nice too. 

MAC Faux

MAC Faux (200x103).jpg

This looks just like your Bite lipliners!!!  Love these colors.

3 Replies
testing