cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

Thank you!

Yeah, you do, @angel7594 . 😉 These are the ones in the bullet. NYX Matte Lipsticks. Just stay away from those palest shades, like Pale Pink and Hippie Chic, and dunno what else. Pale. 😄 Those are chalky and ugh. The rest of them are very nice, though. One of my fave reds is from this line ( Bloody Mary ).

Bite sable and Nars tinted moisturizer for a natural day 

bitesable.jpg

Very nice complimentary lip colour!

So todays lip was ColourPop Ultra Glossy in My Jam.

I am actually a fan of this formula because its not that sticky in my opinion, at least not compared to other glosses I have. It goes on quite smoothly and has decent colour payoff. I also have it in a creme colour and like it just as much as the metallics.

Spoiler
20170213_020150.jpg20170213_015018.jpg

Edit: I also want to say that I freaking love the brush this comes with! It is one of those doe foot applicators, but it is slightly fluffier than the standard kind and as a result picks up enough gloss to do a coat with so you don't have to keep dipping it back into the bottle for more, and while it picks up more gloss than the average applicator, it doesn't grab any globs, either.

Spoiler
20170213_021432.jpg

The ColourPop Ultra Glossy wand is on the Left (bronze-My Jam), with the wand from a Buxom Lip Polish on the Right (pink-Sophia).

Nars Velvet Lip glide Bound 

Spoiler
IMG_5469.JPG
It was a busy busy Sunday so couldn't find time to put in much effort in makeup. Lol. Specially my brows are all like bumpy road LOL

Very pretty!! LOL you're so funny. I think you look great =D

Too Faced Melted Matte Queen B

20170212_130557.jpg

I love this shade! Looks so good on you ❤️

I have this color! It looks so nice on you, I must try it this week 😄

Oooo, I love this color, @angel7594 ! So pretty!

Thank you @lyravega! This is the only color I have really liked from the melted mattes. 🙂

i love this! it's sort of greige, but doesn't look ghostly. so pretty on you @angel7594!

Thank you @unfungirl! 💕

@angel7594 I love that color, looks great on you! Sadly I have tried again and again to wear it alone, once it dries on me it makes me look dead. Makes me jealous very time I see it on someone and it looks good. 😉

Thank you @Fedele13! 💞

Beautiful color!   Also, you have fabulous skin!  And I just realized your old avatar is back!  ❤️  @angel7594

Thank you @Tamara76! 😚 I missed my old avatar so much, lol!

Wearing "Lettre" by Chanel today!  Its a messy sunday with messy hair! Lol

IMG_0813.JPG

That is a lovely shade!  And the Peas in a Pod - So cute!  😍

Yesterday was Mother and Lovesick KVD ELL combined. Couldn't go to neutral or shimmery since decided to play and use the Pastel Goth in a rainbow on my eyes like Christine on Temptalia did. (Bad photo was outside with to much background light). 

IMG_5224.JPG

Today is a no makeup day, but I put on Fresh Sugar in Honey to keep going. 

@Fedele13 I'm getting such amazing mermaid vibes from you! I *love* your hair so much, and the dolphin is adding to the vibes! This is such a beautiful lip colour on you, I love nudes and pinks that have a kick to it, and the combo is such a pretty pink colour!

1 Reply
testing