cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

That is so gorgeous! 

KVD Lolita II

Screenshot_20170207-000838.jpg

20170206_195006-1.jpeg

NARS Apoline, described as a pink rose. 

Such a pretty colour and nice formula. Has anybody noticed a change in the Audacious formula with 5 released last year? I picked up Apoline and Stefania and they're both have a lot more "slip" than the original shades. 

The lip liner is NYX Nude Pink

@EvangelineDamon @lyravega - I bought Shirley and Kate and both are creamier and have more slip.  I make such a mess putting either color on...it's pretty sad!

I have. Got Apoline, and while it is a beautiful color, it was way too similar to my Brigitte ( they look almost identical in the bullet! ). And, the formula was creamier than I'm used to Audacious ladies to be. Lot more slip to it, yep. I didn't like that. Plus, the color looked weird on me, kind of rusty and "brownish", and not at all what I was expecting it to look like - rosy and coralish. Like on you. So, back it went.

In bullet, left to right: Apoline, Brigitte.

Swatches, first pic: Brigitte on top, Apoline bottom.

Second pic: Brigitte left, Apoline right.  

apolinebrigitte.jpg

Ok, I'm doing an old photo because I had a crazy day and because I love this color so much.  It's a nude that's not a nude (semi sheer, high sheen and sadly limited edition).  Nars Besame mucho.

my nars.jpeg

@meganlisa  We have the same taste in everything.. that's my favourite nude ❤️ it looks great on you!

@to90 I'm so mad at Nars for making this one limited edition!  I just love it!!!  Now that I know we have the same taste...I'll make sure and watch what you like more closely...in hopes of finding good things early!!!

2 Challenges...Yayyy!  

I already set aside my 5 lipsticks for this week, but I am still working on my selfie skills!  Here are my swatches.

Today I wore NARS Anita contoured with Besame liner in Natural/Cocoa to create the right shade for me! (I have a hard time with Nudes washing me out or being too dark).

LIPS- .jpgLIPs-2.jpg

Ooh.  the top two swatches are gorgeous!

Anonymous Insider

Day 1 Hourglass Grace 

IMG_1679.JPG

Grace is so pretty ( and gorg on you! ), but that formula on the other hand... ugh! @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

Oh goodness the formula s*cks! Agree a million times over @lyravega

@Anonymous@lyravega ahh what sucks about it? I've never tried! Any suggestions for a dupe? (never heard that term, I love it ha!)

@Anonymous this is a beautiful nude i didnt know i needed in my life until now!

Anonymous Insider

Thank you @EmmyLove 

I would suggest a dupe because this formula is for the birds. 

Decided to start the challenge off with the lippie I chose for the unboring promo: Touch in Sol in Penny (the picture quality seems a bit off) such a fun lippie 

IMG_0812.JPG

@misscg thank you for posting this, ive been dying to see it on someone!! it looks absolutely *gorgeous* on you! do you have both the liquid lip and the gloss on?

@EmmyLove Thank you 🙂 and yes this is both the liquid and gloss layered.

UnNude_Day 1.jpg

(Edit: Say hi to Shira, Lianne and Lilli!)

Three of my coworkers were very excited to participate so I get to share three pictures! They also saved me because I'm breaking out 😄 They're all wearing Rouge Dior Lipstick in 219-Rose Montaigne. I'm wearing it too and we are all crazy about this formula... It's so creamy and feels very nourishing!

Clearly, I can only speak to light skin tones but this shade is a flattering, pinky-nude that is very work-appropriate!

Anonymous Insider

Hey! That's me! Love this Dior lipstick. Thanks for uploading KatieBT 😉

2 Replies
testing