Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Thank you, Sephora and Bite Beauty!

I was generously offered a chance to try out Bite's new Lip Pencils by Sephora and received two shades, 010 Rosey Mauve and 022 Rosey Brown. Initially I hesitated because Bite's products typically make my lips break out in a tiny-water-blisters rash, but I thought that since lip pencils tend to have different formulas, I'd give it a try.

IMG_0445.JPG

I have worn 022 twice now and so far, they do seem less drying and chalky than other lip pencils I use. Very smooth and creamy with excellent pigmentation. Yesterday, I wore only lip pencil to dinner, and there was still some colour left on my lips after eating cauliflower fritters, braised beef ribs, and drinking water. This morning, I used the pencil to line and fill my lips before putting on Tom Ford Eric on top, and the pencil evened out my lip colour and was a good base for the lipstick.

My reaction to Bite products are almost immediate; I'll usually feel a bit of texture on my lips overnight after wearing a Bite product. So far, no issues... hopefully it stays that way!

This is 022 on my lips. It's VERY close to my natural lip colour, maybe just a bit more pinky. I do like colours like these, since they're perfect for nude lipsticks. Note--I do use shea butter on my lips before applying any lip products, hence there's a bit of a sheen.

IMG_0446.JPG

Re: Thank you, Sephora and Bite Beauty!

congrats to you guys 🙂

they look amazing!

I also received this gift, thanks so much to Sephora and Bite for sending these products to me!! I was thrilled to be selected.

I love that the pencils are wooden, I don't have anything like this. I rarely use lip liners, but the couple I do have are more like gel liners. The Bite pencils are true pencils, and as your would expect, are firmer and less creamy than a gel pencil. I love that these sharpen to a very fine point, it made it easy to precisely line my lips. I also love how the cap seals super tightly, definitely no worries about the pencil drying out.

022 is pretty close to my natural lip colour, while 010 wears a lighter and more pink. The finish is natural, giving a very MLBB look (especially 022 for me). I prefer 022, as I don't usually tend to choose pinker colours for myself, but I did get a few compliments on the colour when I wore 010, so that was a nice boost.

I wore 010 alone yesterday, then wore 022 today, first alone, then applied a clear balm on top after a few hours. For me, these aren't too dry to wear on their own, but they're definitely not hydrating, so if your lips are on the dry side to begin with, you'll probably need another step in addition to the lip pencil. I haven't tried them with any lipstick or gloss yet.

Some photos under the spoiler, but they were taken on different days in different lighting, so while they're definitely not the best swatches you'll see, I figured I'd include them anyway 🙂

Spoiler
010 (alone)
upload_4748934798989234426.jpg

022 (alone)
upload_3408840668982758314.jpg

022 (topped with clear balm)
upload_9141804038665345077.jpg

Lovely!   Congrats!  @AshleyYVR

I love these colours!! Especially 022. They both look amazing on you. 🙂 Thanks for the pics!

Congrats @AshleyYVR. They both look great on you.

Congrats! These look so pretty on you @AshleyYVR!

I received this gift as well! Thanks, Sephora ane Bite! 🙂 Will post swatches probably tomorrow.

I basically agree with the other reviews so far. The pencils are definitely *pencils*, not crayons like some other "lip pencils" out there, but they are very creamy for pencils. I usually don't use lip liners, because I don't like buying lip products that need lining, but I can see these working very well underneath some of my lighter or slipperier nude shades.

On the colors, they look very similar to me, especially on my lips. 010 is definitely cooler/pinker than 022, which is redder/browner. On my arm, 010 also looks lighter, but on my lips that difference disappears and they look the same "depth of darkness," if that makes sense, just one is cooler and one warmer.

I would not wear this by itself personally, because it had kind of a waxy texture (compared to regular lipstick or something like the NARS lip pencils, NOT compared to other actual liners), and emphasized lip lines a bit. It was also a bit drying, but I have very dry lips so others might not have that problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to try them out under some glosses or sheer/light lipsticks and see how that goes. My guess is that with something creamier on top the texture and dryness issues will disappear and it will just work better overall.

tl;dr - I don't usually like liners but these are better than others I've tried. Would not use alone.

Congrats and thank you for the review! Sounds like these will then be drying on me as well since my lips are always dry/peeling..good tip on using gloss or creamier products over top @JazaChai 🙂

@Anewxa  These are classic lip pencils/liners, not to be used like lipsticks ( unless you really want to, and/or your lips can take it ), but for lining your lips, or to be used as a base with other lip products on top. I applied them all over my lips just for the sake of testing them, mostly for the color and the texture. So, people can see it properly, not mixed with other stuff.

@lyravega my lips would never look as perfect as yours when fully lined!

No matter which formula, I find since my lips are always so dry/dehydrated it is best to just line the edges and lightly fill by smudgeing in the colour with a finger instead if needed before lipstick application. 

Aww, thank you, @Anewxa ! And, your lips look perfect whenever they make an appearance here on BT! 🙂

Yaay, my pretties are finally here! 😛 I, too, was among the lucky ones who received this generous gift. Thanks, Sephora and BITE, for my new lovelies! I am enjoying them thoroughly! 🙂

0.jpg

bite010.jpg

bite022y.jpg

( No filters. True to color. )

bites.jpg

More after some proper test riding. 😉

Edit: These are classic lip pencils/liners, not to be used like lipsticks ( unless you really want to, and your lips can take it ), but for lining your lips, or to be used as a base with other lip products on top. I applied them all over my lips just for the sake of testing them, mostly for the color and the texture. So people can see it properly, not mixed with other stuff.

@angel7594 @myumew @Anewxa @virgo87 , thank you ladies! 🙂

Congrats @lyravega. They both look great on you.

Both look lovely on you @lyravega

Yup. Definitely sold on the 022.

Congrats @lyravega, you are so deserving of this! Both of those colors are pretty, I think I need to buy 010! 😍

Awesome! I love seeing these posts about Sephora and companies giving back to BTers! You have gorgeous lips!!

Just thought I'd add more to my original post.

Some swatches compared to other pencils I have. 

Disclaimer: I don't use lip pencils very often, so this is about 1/2 of the lip pencils I have already.

Top to bottom-

Clinique Quickliner for Lips: Rich Red, Crushed Berry, Cocoa Rose

Bite Lip Pencil: 010, 022

Colourpop Flawless

These are true lip pencils. When I call them "creamy", I am comparing them to traditional wooden pencils. Compared to click up liners, these will have more resistance. It's like, comparing a traditional eyeliner pencil, to a kohl liner pencil, KWIM? 

IMG_0466.JPG

Congrats!!! @k617 LOVE LIPLINERS!  These shades are beautiful!  Enjoy!!! 

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • IMG_0445.JPG
  • IMG_0446.JPG
  • IMG_8638.JPG
  • IMG_8637.JPG
  • IMG_8636.JPG
  • IMG_0466.JPG
  • upload_3408840668982758314.jpg
  • upload_9141804038665345077.jpg
  • upload_4748934798989234426.jpg
testing