neko333

Teracotta Lip Anything, Trying to find lip color for red head

(0) Hearts

I've been looking for some Teracotta lip wear. I like gloss and lipstick, but am not really a fan of lip stains (they always leave my lips flaky and never apply right for me). I searched for the color on Sephora and really only found two results that looked close and that was Stilla Color Balm in Maya and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Melange. I'm only on this kick because I've seen several articles latley that say teracotta looks great with my coloring (Red hair, green eyes, pale). Red lips look horrible on, and pink rarley matches my earthy toned wardrobe and makeup. So when I wear color I usually have to go for berry colors, but I thought this would be a good idea/change. My main questions is are there any other options I'm not seeing being drugstore or high end (prefer it to be under $25), and if not which of these do you prefer? Or if your a red head with any good recomendations that I haven't seen for myself. 

kariyava

Re: Teracotta Lip Anything, Trying to find lip color for red head

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love Stila lip colors because they just make the most wearable shades IMO (they're great at blending colors with nudes).  Anyway, that is my vote for you trying the Stila, and they actually have a gloss that I think you would like too (color Teracotta Vinyl, not the color showing up in this image!): http://www.sephora.com/stay-all-day-vinyl-lip-gloss-P382313?skuId=1541317&om_mmc=oth-bt-richlinks-20...

Other options that you might like are Mark Jacobs Lovemarc in Understudy (http://www.sephora.com/lovemarc-lip-gel-P379423?skuId=1510759), Bare Minerals Lip gloss in Maverick (http://www.sephora.com/marvelous-moxie-lipgloss-P308920?skuId=1418383), and Clinique's Different Lipstick in Tenderheart (http://www.sephora.com/different-lipstick-P122722?skuId=70409).  I suggest you go into a store and have a swatching party! 

swanbeauty

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm a red head, and I love this color!  Pale skin, freckles, green eyes.

upload_8651861029734413970.jpg

Dior Addict Sunset Blvd.  This looks very red on here, but it is not quite so red really.

Melange looks horrible on me.  I have to blend it with other OCCs to use it at all.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Have you seen the recent 100 pt perk? It's a Stila Color Balm in Vivienne, which is a terracotta rose. It's a new HG for me and I absolutely adore it. 

mellery

(0) Hearts

I have similar coloring and I really love NARS lip lacquer in Chelsea Girls; it's that perfect pale pale beige that is just slightly warmed up so that you don't look like a corpse. I have similar coloring (my hair is dyed, but I'm super pale and it looks natural) and I find this color to be really flattering.

If you want something a little darker but still in the same color family I'd go for their lip gloss in Femme Fatale, which is a little warmer, also. 

LadyDragonfire

I'm an Autumn too, and personally I really <3 MAC's lipstick in "Charismatic." Also, I wouldn't necessarily call this terracotta, but Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in sandalwood beige is completely awesome. Mind you, I have dark brown eyes (warm brown though) and medium-dark brown hair so these colors probably don't look quite the same on me. My skin color is really light too though (and very warm.) I'm around the MAC NC15 range.

lylysa

Try OCC's Lip Tar in Starling, it's a rich, brick toned red so it's not as loud or bright as a true red, but very rich in pigment. Stila's Long Wear Lip Color has a shade called Phenomenal that's a reddish brown.

MUFE also has a range of finishes from matte to satin in rich bordeaux shades.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • mellery
    • marydiva
    • lylysa
    • swanbeauty
    • neko333
    • LadyDragonfire