gginnnaaa

Tarte Lipsurgence MLBB?

I've been trying to find an mlbb (my lips but better) shade because my lips are quite pale. I was wondering if the amused lipsurgence would be a good mlbb shade if applied lightly. I've already tried enchanted (too warm) charming (washed me out) and moody (too dark). Any other color suggestions would be great although i only like the stains not lusters or matte.

Amused was used on Kate Bosworth in this picture. I love the way it looks on her lips but i'm afraid I'll buy that shade and it won't look similar.

swfupload_5970287195070021728.jpg

lylysa

Re: Tarte Lipsurgence MLBB?

(0) Hearts

Here's some info on how to find the perfect, natural shade for you as everyone's undertones can be different:

For a natural lip color, pucker your lips up and find a product that matches to the inner portion of your lips/mouth rather than trying to match to your lip color directly. This will give you a better gauge in proper undertones and not have lipsticks or gloss turn out off-putting.

I suggest checking out The Nude lipliners from Smashbox, the Fair pencil seems to sound like it would work for you as it has more of a pink undertone. This pencil is great to use under lipsticks or even filled in on lips and topped off with gloss to give a natural look.

The Nude Lip Liner

http://www.sephora.com/the-nude-lip-liner-P234323?skuId=1157205

I would then suggest checking out creamy lipsticks in neutral shades like ones from Laura Mercier and Lorac's Break Through Performance line. Sparkling Pink from LM is a cool, nude rose shade (it's my favorite and perfect neutral, check my profile for photos of me with it on to get an idea of the color or even Google swatches), and Lorac's Ingenue and Premiere are great rosey nudes that perk up and enhance color without seeming off or too harsh. LM also has shades in the Glossy lipstick line that are more sheer.

Elisier

(0) Hearts

Amused goes on fairly bright but not opaque as all the lipsurgence tints do. It starts out bright but dries down to a bit more muted berry. In this picture I find it hard to believe she is wearing it.

I dont think the lipsurgence tints will give you what you are looking for. I dont think any of them are muted enough. I am surprised you found Charmed washed you out, it is such a cool toned pink. I havent tried to new 'skintuitive' shade, so I can't say if that would work for you.

helpful

(0) Hearts

You should try the Lipsurgence Skintuitive Tint-

What it does:
Like all LipSurgence™ lip tints, this one combines pure color with natural moisturizers and glides on smooth for a sheer finish. The ethereal hue complements every skintone to deliver a natural-looking glow and brighter complexion—customized just for you! The skintuitive™ formula responds to your skin’s natural pH and energy, giving you a personalized tint that is truly your own unique shade of pink. Bonus: you can bump up the intensity of the color with an extra swipe.

Hope this helps you achieve what you're wanting! :smileyhappy:

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Gginnnqaaa That does look very pretty on her!  How would you describe your coloring?

gginnnaaa

(0) Hearts

I'm fair, with cool undertones. I also have dark brown hair and eyes if that makes a difference.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • lylysa
    • gginnnaaa
    • helpful
    • Elisier
Photos1