Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge

Hello there, my pretties! Are we ready for spring yet? I am not necessarily ready for sun ( 😄 ), but I know I'm ready to bust out some bright colors and create my own spring magic. Rules are - there are no rules. ( Except - you must have fun! That's obligatory! ) We do feel like brights and pastels during the spring most of the time, but you do whatever you feel like doing. You do you! Try to go through your stash, and introduce us to a new pretty each day. If brights are not your cup of tea, this challenge is an excellent way to try to, well - challenge yourself. 😉 But, they are not a must.

We are planning on doing this all spring long! Please, feel free to stop by whenever. 😉

So...

Keep calm and put your lipstick on! 😉

upload_8478920020473871788.jpg

upload_7838631952257043325.jpg

upload_4697677217639393330.jpg

My plan ( and goal ) is to shop my own stash. No buying new lipsticks, just giving some love to all my neglected lovelies. Let's see how will that go...

Lipstick Playground thread is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Lipstick-Playground/m-p/2020866#M18488

Re: Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge

Thank you @trishavt! ❤

This is a lovely lip colour on you.  The pearl is very flattering.

Thank you greenchilli! 🙂

11 Bite 004 Dragonfruit.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was one of the first non drug store lipsticks I ever bought. Bite LLLR #004 Dragonfruit. It started an obsession. I remember some of these LLLR's sold out within an hour. 

@Samtian, woman can you be any more chic? Lol! You should be eyewear model. I'd buy all the eyewears if I could 😉

@blackkitty2014 Ooh you make me blush! You are so sweet, thank you!

@Samtian You have the best eyewear! Love the lipstick, too! 🙂

@lmi82 Thank you! I haven't bought any eyewear in a while, minus my Quay. I need to get more!

So, for past few weeks, i had been gravitating towards mauvy pinks/ pink browns. But today I didn't feel right wearing the pink I had on, so I changed it to Black Velvet by Limecrime. I ran some errands wearing this and happy to report that I didn't get many "wtf is she wearing" looks..  although I did have a friend of mine comment "You know Halloween was in October" lol... No s h i t s given here ...Bold colours rule. 

mm

😃

Yassssss

I so want alternative lip colors to be a normal (socially acceptable) thing. Must wear ALL THE COLORS! 

My lips are SO dry right now with springtime allergies clogging up my nose I'm doing a lot of mouth breathing lol so I need any lipstick I put on to be moisturizing.  So I'm wearing Sephora collection gel lip liner in Pardon my French - Matte Berry with FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment in Tulip and Over these two I've overlaid Too Faced Peach Sweet Peach oil Lip Gloss in Peach, Please! I lined my lips a little outside the line to try and create extra volume so layering the peach gloss overtop allows me to go and get those extra areas where the liner didn't quite blend perfectly into the lipstick.  It allowed me to clean that up a little bit.  What do y'all think?

sugar lipstick.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Very pretty colour combo 🙂

@Anonymous Thank you so much!! : ) hahaha I LOVE you avatar picture! : )

Haven't posted in awhile due to a now failed no-buy and because of a massive zit on my lip, ha. Today's lipstick is Givenchy Le Rouge, Rose Boudoir 

IMG_3498.JPG

@txcatxIt looks beautiful on you! : ) I'm loving your polka dots too - polka dots are the best! : ) It's reminding me that I need more polka dot dresses and at least one polka dot dress in my life! : ) Ha- totally feel you re: zit on lip - I'm always slathering my lips in some kind of heavy substance to stave off the dryness so those are a common occurrence for me.  That and cracks in the corners of my lips.  Your lips are looking perfect and lovely though! : )

Smashbox Driver's seat topped with a little bit of clear gloss.

IMG_6256.JPG

Thank you @jozkid @Christin13 @RoseCharlie You are all so kind.

@fatimamummy  Ohhh this looks beautiful on you! : ) Also you have the most PERFECTLY shaped lips!

Perfect for Spring. It looks really pretty on you.

It looks SOOOOOO much better on you! 😉

2 Replies
testing