Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge

Hello there, my pretties! Are we ready for spring yet? I am not necessarily ready for sun ( 😄 ), but I know I'm ready to bust out some bright colors and create my own spring magic. Rules are - there are no rules. ( Except - you must have fun! That's obligatory! ) We do feel like brights and pastels during the spring most of the time, but you do whatever you feel like doing. You do you! Try to go through your stash, and introduce us to a new pretty each day. If brights are not your cup of tea, this challenge is an excellent way to try to, well - challenge yourself. 😉 But, they are not a must.

We are planning on doing this all spring long! Please, feel free to stop by whenever. 😉

So...

Keep calm and put your lipstick on! 😉

upload_8478920020473871788.jpg

upload_7838631952257043325.jpg

upload_4697677217639393330.jpg

My plan ( and goal ) is to shop my own stash. No buying new lipsticks, just giving some love to all my neglected lovelies. Let's see how will that go...

Lipstick Playground thread is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Lipstick-Playground/m-p/2020866#M18488

Re: Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge

This is beautiful on you! What did you use on your eyes? So pretty!

@fairlywell Viseart neutral mattes with Doucce eyeshadow in Marisa from my ipsy on the lid.

It was very spring like out today and the first day in a while I've had make up on so I decided to go for it with a brighter shade! NARS Audatious Greta

IMG_4877.JPG

Greta is everything! One of my fav Audie Divas. 🙂

I'm so excited for this new lipstick! I've been waiting forever to buy my first Mac lipstick! 

MAC Craving 

IMG_6313.PNG

You're tempting me to give Craving a go for tomorrow.  Great colour that I find to be very wearable in a lot of situations. I actually like all of the MAC formulas depending on the situation. You'll have a ball checking out colour swatches and picking new babies to add to your collection!

@pinyo Craving is a favorite of mine too -- I am actually close to finishing it up and plan to repurchase. It looks lovely on you!

This is beautiful on you @pinyo! Mac lipsticks are my favourite, after seeing Craving on you I may need to pick this one up. 😄

Thank you! I'm in love with it! It's so creamy and pigmented and downright gorgeous! 

i didn't realize mac lipsticks are this good, I always thought they were suppose to be a bit drying! But this one is making me want a bunch more! 

@Miradan @Asche @unfungirl

@pinyo i don't love the retro matte formula, but otherwise MAC lipsticks have always been a favorite of mine! the satin formula is especially nice, and SO many gorgeous colors!

Retro mattes ( the regular ones, not the liquid ones ) are my favorite, @unfungirl ! I wish they had better color range, not only a few of them. But, I know most people find them too drying. I don't have that problem with them. They are the most comfy true ( or what I call - brutal! ) mattes in my experience. I adore them!

I only like MAC's retro mattes, mattes and satins. The rest of their finishes I don't care for. I do have a few amplified ones that I am willing to put up with just because of the color.

@lyravega i don't hate the retro mattes! i do think they need a primer to go on well, but the lasting power is impressive. ruby woo is one of my most favorite!

i don't love the amplified finish, and i like the cremesheen even though they don't last. 

Ruby Woo is one of my all time favs, @unfungirl ! 🙂 You can always count on that one to last and put up with anything and everything while looking gorgeous. And, that red is just perfect! ( I love them blue 😛 )

yesss! i like blue based reds and orange reds @lyravega! lady danger is also a fave ❤️

@pinyo it honestly depends on the formula -- I really like the satin and amplified formulas, but the lustre formula is very drying on me. And some of the mattes can be very drying too (the retro mattes don't even attempt to be non-drying). It can really vary. But overall MAC lipsticks are great!

Thanks @Miradan! Now I know which ones to avoid and lust after 😄

love this on you @pinyo!! craving is a favorite of mine!

Hi Spring!

This is Chanel Rouge Allure Incandescente from a few days ago.  Daylight pictures elude me....

20170318_Chanel IncandescenteL.jpg

@greenchilli  this is a beautiful color! your smile is always so dang infectious too.

@unfungirl, that is one of the sweetest things to say.  Thank you.

Hi, @greenchilli! You look beautiful as always! :3

1 Reply
testing