Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge

Hello there, my pretties! Are we ready for spring yet? I am not necessarily ready for sun ( 😄 ), but I know I'm ready to bust out some bright colors and create my own spring magic. Rules are - there are no rules. ( Except - you must have fun! That's obligatory! ) We do feel like brights and pastels during the spring most of the time, but you do whatever you feel like doing. You do you! Try to go through your stash, and introduce us to a new pretty each day. If brights are not your cup of tea, this challenge is an excellent way to try to, well - challenge yourself. 😉 But, they are not a must.

We are planning on doing this all spring long! Please, feel free to stop by whenever. 😉

So...

Keep calm and put your lipstick on! 😉

upload_8478920020473871788.jpg

upload_7838631952257043325.jpg

upload_4697677217639393330.jpg

My plan ( and goal ) is to shop my own stash. No buying new lipsticks, just giving some love to all my neglected lovelies. Let's see how will that go...

Lipstick Playground thread is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Lipstick-Playground/m-p/2020866#M18488

Re: Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge

@lyravega Thank You! 😊

Stick with the plan!!! 😉 That's been my plan as well but it never works out for me. I'm a sucker for seeing new lipsticks I like and then feeling the need to buy. lol

I love your hair, @Fedele13!

@txcatx Thank You! ☺️

It's so beautiful here today that I felt the urge to wear a bright lip color today. This is YSL Rouge Pur Couture Star Clash in 52 Rouge Rose. These YSL lipsticks are some of my favorites because they are so pigmented and moisturizing. 

IMG_4700.JPG

@trishavt This is one of my favorite spring colors! It's so moisturizing and comfortable. It looks great on you!

I love wearing it as a stain/ombré-ish: putting on one light swipe and rubbing it into my lips with my finger, then adding another light coat mostly in the center. I may also do that because I'm not so used to bright colors!

@trishavt Super gorgeous as always!  It finally feels like spring time here so I need to dig out my corals too. 

I am in love with this color, @trishavt ! Does it settle in your lip lines ( like most corals do ( at least on me ) )? I love corals, but can't find one, ONE!, that behaves! Le grrrr!

It looks so pretty on you, too. It brightens up your whole face!

I love the whole ysl rouge volupte shine oil-in-stick lipstick line! I don't have any issues with them settling into lines. 

@lyravega I feel your pain! I have good luck with MAC coral bliss, NARS Juliette and MAC crosswires 🙂

Thanks, @unfungirl ! Gotta check out those MACs. As for Juliette... le sigh... It was a disaster on me. Had to return it. Which broke my heart as I soooo love that color!

@lyravega i know the feeling! i have had many a coral disaster too 😕

@lyravega Thank you! 🙂

On me it doesn't settle no matter how many coats I use (I had to stop at 3 because anything more is too much) and it goes on evenly.

The one thing Id like is for this to be longer lasting. I drink a lot of water and this transfers easily but Im willing to overlook that because its not drying like most long lasting liquid lipsticks.

That's what keeps me away from YSL lipsticks. I've tried many of them years ago, and they all had zero staying power, and were way too slippy. Hated them! Never tried any of them again. So, I guess they are still the same, @trishavt ? ( I am a matte girl ( mostly ), and prefer lipsticks that will stay put and behave. They don't necessarily have to be matte. But, they have to behave. At least some basic lipstick decency. Is that too much to ask for? 😉 So, those YSLs were a disaster for me. )

But, this color is sooo very tempting....

@lyravega Glad it's not just me! I'm not a fan of most YSL lipsticks for that exact same reason. I always think of one Christmas morning when I was at the airport waiting for a flight at 5am. I decided to buy a breakfast taco, but by the time I was done eating, my YSL red lipstick from a 500 point perk had smeared all over my face!

It seemed to me just by breathing and talking they would start crawling all over my face, and disappearing from my lips. And, no trick in my bag of tricks could ever help with these, @txcatx . So, I gave up on them. Plenty of pretties out there.

Chanel L'eclatante.

I forgot to post yesterday, but today's lipstick is CR 344 from Shu Uemura's new Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte formula. I'm trying to find my perfect corals, and I really like the soft, mousse-like formula of this lipstick.

IMG_2766.JPG

I love this one @txcatx! It almost looks like a stain. I am all about the corals right now.

Pretty, @txcatx !

Anonymous Insider

Great challenge Lyra! 

Bite Honeycomb 

tempImageForSave.jpg

You're such a rebel, @Anonymous , aren't ya? 😉

What a fantastic nude! Made for you.

testing