LCResz

Speaking of lipstick samples...

I have received a bunch of Urban Decay samplers, but I am really lost as to how to use them... I mean, I can see getting a couple of uses from every little blister pack, but I am afraid they'll dry out before long. Has anyone used these yet, and did you depot them? Thanks for the info :smileyhappy:

poohblueberry

Re: Speaking of lipstick samples...

The fah-bulous and creative Kitty2323 (below) mentioned a depotting post with instructions and photos, and here it is:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Got-kinda-creative-with-my-UD-lip-samples/m-p/694653/...

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I used a lip brush but im not really a fan of doing that. it tends to sheer out the color. I prefer to use a lipstick and then touch up with a brush

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i just opened them and used a lip brush :smileyhappy:

ragdoll4mom

(0) Hearts

I got this sample.  When I opened it, I just pulled the foil back just enough to get a lippie applicator in it.  Then I pressed the foil back in place.  They have not dried out at all.

Katty2323

(0) Hearts

I depotted mine in to 26mm pans from tkbtrading and plopped them into my empty magnetic palette from coastal scents. 2 min at 350 on a flat iron did the trick and didnt ruin consistancy or pigmentation. I think I made a thread about it somewhere on here with photos.

knadala

(0) Hearts

I scoop the product into a small travel jar which twist open and has a shallow depth. This way its air tight so it doesn't dry up and I can use it at my leisure, I am able to see the color through the jar so I know what I'm carrying, and its easy to use because can dab my finger or brush into it when I want to apply it.

violalea

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

No wonder my orders came with none. Now I know where did all the UD sample run to :smileyhappy:? Haha. Yeah good question. Not just lippie, foundation too. Its kinda wasteful if we just use it once like 1/3 of each blister pack then let it dry out.

jaimelove

for the ud foundation (i got a ton of those samples!) i bought travel jars for creams and such and just put a few at a time into there! 

violalea

(0) Hearts

Awesome idea jaimelove :smileyhappy:. I was thinking just give the 2-3 I have to my aunt. They look pretty nice :smileyhappy:.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i've been putting the 3 colors from the UD foundation samplers that i can't wear into traveling boxes, so i'm hoping someone can wear the other shades! i need to find an empty jar to put my primer samples into now. at least those i won't need to use for a while, since i've got plenty :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

i don't peel the foil backing all of the way off and use a bobby pin to hold it back over the lipstick :smileyhappy: and use one of the sephora doe foot sample wants to apply them :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • annonymous1
    • poohblueberry
    • ragdoll4mom
    • violalea
    • Katty2323