Speaking of lipstick samples...

I have received a bunch of Urban Decay samplers, but I am really lost as to how to use them... I mean, I can see getting a couple of uses from every little blister pack, but I am afraid they'll dry out before long. Has anyone used these yet, and did you depot them? Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Re: Speaking of lipstick samples...

The fah-bulous and creative Kitty2323 (below) mentioned a depotting post with instructions and photos, and here it is:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Got-kinda-creative-with-my-UD-lip-samples/m-p/694653/...

(0) Hearts

I used a lip brush but im not really a fan of doing that. it tends to sheer out the color. I prefer to use a lipstick and then touch up with a brush

(0) Hearts

i just opened them and used a lip brush Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I got this sample.  When I opened it, I just pulled the foil back just enough to get a lippie applicator in it.  Then I pressed the foil back in place.  They have not dried out at all.

(0) Hearts

I depotted mine in to 26mm pans from tkbtrading and plopped them into my empty magnetic palette from coastal scents. 2 min at 350 on a flat iron did the trick and didnt ruin consistancy or pigmentation. I think I made a thread about it somewhere on here with photos.

(0) Hearts

I scoop the product into a small travel jar which twist open and has a shallow depth. This way its air tight so it doesn't dry up and I can use it at my leisure, I am able to see the color through the jar so I know what I'm carrying, and its easy to use because can dab my finger or brush into it when I want to apply it.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

No wonder my orders came with none. Now I know where did all the UD sample run to Smiley Happy? Haha. Yeah good question. Not just lippie, foundation too. Its kinda wasteful if we just use it once like 1/3 of each blister pack then let it dry out.

for the ud foundation (i got a ton of those samples!) i bought travel jars for creams and such and just put a few at a time into there! 

(0) Hearts

Awesome idea jaimelove Smiley Happy. I was thinking just give the 2-3 I have to my aunt. They look pretty nice Smiley Happy.

(0) Hearts

i've been putting the 3 colors from the UD foundation samplers that i can't wear into traveling boxes, so i'm hoping someone can wear the other shades! i need to find an empty jar to put my primer samples into now. at least those i won't need to use for a while, since i've got plenty Smiley Happy

i don't peel the foil backing all of the way off and use a bobby pin to hold it back over the lipstick Smiley Happy and use one of the sephora doe foot sample wants to apply them Smiley Happy 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 9 in conversation