So who got the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask and what do you think?

Bite-Beauty-Agave-Lip-Mask.jpg

I know there was a thread a week or two ago about the desire and potential miraculousness of the new Bite Agave Lip mask, but I didn't see a post since then reviewing it (if there is one, sorry I missed it).  The reviews are about 100% perfect, everyone is in love, but I thought I saw some BTers discussing dissatisfaction in a thread or two.  My personal opinion - I am a lip product junkie and always have several balms on my person or elsewhere at all timesSmiley Happy   I usually don't have a chronic problem with lip dryness (probably due to constant usage of lip balm), but my lips were dry to the point of cracking this week due to the weather so I picked a tube up when I saw it in store.  It is extremely dense and sweet, and also a little hard to squeeze out of the tube at first - it's that thick.  It spread a bit better after it warmed up on my lips and it lasted easily a couple of hours.  I applied it at bedtime and after I finished my routine in the morning, and after the second day my lips were healed and soft.  IMO it's too thick to use it routinely during the day, but I will definitely continue the nighttime/am application and hopefully continue the same results.  What did you think?

Re: So who got the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask and what do you think?

I just ordered this and I'm SO excited!

I love it for overnight use. If I don't use a thick lip balm that lasts all night I wake up with chapped lips every morning, but this stuff is brilliant. I like that it's thick enough not to move around, because I occasionally get spots around my mouth from product build-up. The packaging is also my big issue-- mine has already split a tiny bit at the bottom corner so it leaks slightly. To those who think it's too thick for day use, I actually find it's really good because a little bit goes such a long way. It melts pretty quickly so with a bit of smushing around you can get a nice thin layer that still lasts a long time.

Ohh, I might have to use this!  It sounds like something for someone with pretty dry lips.  Gonna check my SiJP to see if they have it.

Oh man! This is like a dream for my lips!  Loving it!

I think I'll grab a sample in-store before investing, but I've got high hopes! I've loved every Bite product I've met and Kevin raved about it - so it's gotta be good! 

Darnit I wish I had thought to get a sample in store!

I just started frequenting SiJCP and those ladies basically walk around with little sample baggies offering at every turn - otherwise I'd forget to ask! It's fantastic but also not-so-fantastic because I end up buying almost everything I love and wouldn't have otherwise tried, haha!

I bought it and love it! The packaging is really the only flaw. What I do is put it in my pocket before bed (which is when I primarily use it) to warm it up so it comes out of the tube easy. It lasts all night. And I use it sometimes during the day (just a little tiny dab). My lips are so smooth now! To me, it was well worth the $26 because I can see it lasting a long time.

Thanks for letting us know! I tried getting a sample of this but the store didn't have it yet! Now I am really interested!

I have been eyeing this as well! You all are such enablers, not that im complaining! I am always using chapstick or just lip balms in general, so I have been wanting to try this!

I put a little dab on my hand in Sephora and it smelled AMAZING! It was really thick and hard to get out of the tube. After a few hours, when it had been completely wiped off that spot was noticeably softer than the rest of my hand. I will definitely be picking this up soon!

thanks so much for the review!  definitely going to give this a try.

I was at Sephora yesterday and I tried the tester.  It lasted on my lips for hours and felt absolutely amazing.  I'm going back today to pick one (or several) up!

I haven't tried this, but now I'm tempted. I do have a problem with lip dryness and I'm constantly searching for something to keep them soft. I feel like I've tried everything and oddly enough the thing that has worked the best so far for me isn't even a lip treatment - the Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Mask, but it tastes awful if you accidentally get some in your mouth and I'm not crazy about the smell. 

I should probably just drink more water because I'm pretty sure my dry lips are mostly caused by my allergy medication drying me out. But I think I can just be honest and say that I've added it to my loves and will be buying it next time there's a promo I want. 

Hmm  now I am considering this for like evening/overnight/my bedtime lip care.  I currently use Kiehl's but honestly would love something even thicker to not wear off as quick..

linda, i'm with you on this one! 

Mine arrived yesterday, at it was a bit hard to squeeze out. at first i thought it had frozen due to the terrible temperatures we'd been having the last few days (wind chill advisory said frostbite within a few minutes!) but i think now it is just one of those metal tubes, like aesop or l'occitane hand creams? must take a more careful look though. 

I applied a layer before dinner and I agree, it is definitely thick and faintly sweet. like vanilla or cake?? Lol. I wiped most of it off after dinner, so i ended up not wearing it for more than 2 hours, but my lips felt good and i noticed they were pinker than usual. My dehydrated lips tend to be more mauvey (almost purple, ha!) I only put on lip balm in the morning and my lips have been soft and not peeling all day! That is pretty rare for me, so I think I may be onto something. I'm hoping the results continue as well! 

(0) Hearts

It's great, but the packaging sucks so that's the only reason I don't love it. I do agree that it's too thick to use it routinely during the day. x

Would love to hear thoughts on this too! This item keeps grabbing my attention.

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Bite-Beauty-Agave-Lip-Mask.jpg