linda711

So who got the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask and what do you think?

Bite-Beauty-Agave-Lip-Mask.jpg

I know there was a thread a week or two ago about the desire and potential miraculousness of the new Bite Agave Lip mask, but I didn't see a post since then reviewing it (if there is one, sorry I missed it).  The reviews are about 100% perfect, everyone is in love, but I thought I saw some BTers discussing dissatisfaction in a thread or two.  My personal opinion - I am a lip product junkie and always have several balms on my person or elsewhere at all times:smileyhappy:   I usually don't have a chronic problem with lip dryness (probably due to constant usage of lip balm), but my lips were dry to the point of cracking this week due to the weather so I picked a tube up when I saw it in store.  It is extremely dense and sweet, and also a little hard to squeeze out of the tube at first - it's that thick.  It spread a bit better after it warmed up on my lips and it lasted easily a couple of hours.  I applied it at bedtime and after I finished my routine in the morning, and after the second day my lips were healed and soft.  IMO it's too thick to use it routinely during the day, but I will definitely continue the nighttime/am application and hopefully continue the same results.  What did you think?

melde

Re: So who got the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask and what do you think?

I just ordered this and I'm SO excited!

daeidre

I love it for overnight use. If I don't use a thick lip balm that lasts all night I wake up with chapped lips every morning, but this stuff is brilliant. I like that it's thick enough not to move around, because I occasionally get spots around my mouth from product build-up. The packaging is also my big issue-- mine has already split a tiny bit at the bottom corner so it leaks slightly. To those who think it's too thick for day use, I actually find it's really good because a little bit goes such a long way. It melts pretty quickly so with a bit of smushing around you can get a nice thin layer that still lasts a long time.

Manda

Ohh, I might have to use this!  It sounds like something for someone with pretty dry lips.  Gonna check my SiJP to see if they have it.

Manda

Oh man! This is like a dream for my lips!  Loving it!

marydiva

I think I'll grab a sample in-store before investing, but I've got high hopes! I've loved every Bite product I've met and Kevin raved about it - so it's gotta be good! 

Nicrohr

Darnit I wish I had thought to get a sample in store!

marydiva

I just started frequenting SiJCP and those ladies basically walk around with little sample baggies offering at every turn - otherwise I'd forget to ask! It's fantastic but also not-so-fantastic because I end up buying almost everything I love and wouldn't have otherwise tried, haha!

eriles

I bought it and love it! The packaging is really the only flaw. What I do is put it in my pocket before bed (which is when I primarily use it) to warm it up so it comes out of the tube easy. It lasts all night. And I use it sometimes during the day (just a little tiny dab). My lips are so smooth now! To me, it was well worth the $26 because I can see it lasting a long time.

Missie772

Thanks for letting us know! I tried getting a sample of this but the store didn't have it yet! Now I am really interested!

lillyjumper

I have been eyeing this as well! You all are such enablers, not that im complaining! I am always using chapstick or just lip balms in general, so I have been wanting to try this!

missrmessner

I put a little dab on my hand in Sephora and it smelled AMAZING! It was really thick and hard to get out of the tube. After a few hours, when it had been completely wiped off that spot was noticeably softer than the rest of my hand. I will definitely be picking this up soon!

drrragon

thanks so much for the review!  definitely going to give this a try.

MGJM

I was at Sephora yesterday and I tried the tester.  It lasted on my lips for hours and felt absolutely amazing.  I'm going back today to pick one (or several) up!

kso1225

I haven't tried this, but now I'm tempted. I do have a problem with lip dryness and I'm constantly searching for something to keep them soft. I feel like I've tried everything and oddly enough the thing that has worked the best so far for me isn't even a lip treatment - the Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Mask, but it tastes awful if you accidentally get some in your mouth and I'm not crazy about the smell. 

I should probably just drink more water because I'm pretty sure my dry lips are mostly caused by my allergy medication drying me out. But I think I can just be honest and say that I've added it to my loves and will be buying it next time there's a promo I want. 

Nicrohr

Hmm  now I am considering this for like evening/overnight/my bedtime lip care.  I currently use Kiehl's but honestly would love something even thicker to not wear off as quick..

jxw200

linda, i'm with you on this one! 

Mine arrived yesterday, at it was a bit hard to squeeze out. at first i thought it had frozen due to the terrible temperatures we'd been having the last few days (wind chill advisory said frostbite within a few minutes!) but i think now it is just one of those metal tubes, like aesop or l'occitane hand creams? must take a more careful look though. 

I applied a layer before dinner and I agree, it is definitely thick and faintly sweet. like vanilla or cake?? Lol. I wiped most of it off after dinner, so i ended up not wearing it for more than 2 hours, but my lips felt good and i noticed they were pinker than usual. My dehydrated lips tend to be more mauvey (almost purple, ha!) I only put on lip balm in the morning and my lips have been soft and not peeling all day! That is pretty rare for me, so I think I may be onto something. I'm hoping the results continue as well! 

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

It's great, but the packaging sucks so that's the only reason I don't love it. I do agree that it's too thick to use it routinely during the day. x

crayzeeRN

Would love to hear thoughts on this too! This item keeps grabbing my attention.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • nikki
    • marydiva
    • pixyfaygo
    • jxw200
    • mrscoco
    • Manda