linda711

So who got the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask and what do you think?

Bite-Beauty-Agave-Lip-Mask.jpg

I know there was a thread a week or two ago about the desire and potential miraculousness of the new Bite Agave Lip mask, but I didn't see a post since then reviewing it (if there is one, sorry I missed it).  The reviews are about 100% perfect, everyone is in love, but I thought I saw some BTers discussing dissatisfaction in a thread or two.  My personal opinion - I am a lip product junkie and always have several balms on my person or elsewhere at all times:smileyhappy:   I usually don't have a chronic problem with lip dryness (probably due to constant usage of lip balm), but my lips were dry to the point of cracking this week due to the weather so I picked a tube up when I saw it in store.  It is extremely dense and sweet, and also a little hard to squeeze out of the tube at first - it's that thick.  It spread a bit better after it warmed up on my lips and it lasted easily a couple of hours.  I applied it at bedtime and after I finished my routine in the morning, and after the second day my lips were healed and soft.  IMO it's too thick to use it routinely during the day, but I will definitely continue the nighttime/am application and hopefully continue the same results.  What did you think?

tracygirl64

Re: So who got the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask and what do you think?

(0) Hearts

I love it! I use it as a nighttime treatment. Yesterday, I did put it on over my lipstick and it worked great too. My lips are so soft now, no more chapping. I also love that it is made with natural ingredients and the smell of vanilla is so warm and comforting to me. I'm very glad that I got it. Like others, I do wish it had better packaging because it is hard to squeeze out of the tube. But, other than that, I'm a happy camper! :smileyhappy:

DiVWA

I'm in the minority here. I used it two nights in a row and my lips were so chapped and cracked that I returned it to Sephora.

ShinyMagpie

I'm on the fence. I think I'm going to go and get a sample from my store. $26 for bad packaging and mixed reviews. I don't know. It needs to be miraculous for me to want to spend that on a glorified lip balm. 

jenpred

I agree. I got a sample of it and I wasn't blown away. I think my Jack Black lip balm performs MUCH better. I felt like it never really "sunk in". I had to reapply quite a few time. On the plus side, it smells amazing!

SilveryPink

I have mixed feelings on this..

It is one of the best lip balms I have ever tried, stays on for a long time and doesnt have a bad taste or scent. 

The packaging kills me however, my tube cracked within the week, and it sometimes leaks, I will have to transfer it, but i feel like i will lose a lot of product. On the good side, it makes a decent canvas for my bite lipstick without it going patchy. 

I really love it and if they changed the packaging, it would be perfect.

PS: has anyone noticed crystals of ''sugar'' if the tube gets too cold? I have found a couple on my lips, tasted it, and it was EXTREMELY sweet. Strange. 

DandyLionFluff

This thread is killing me.

I am in the Bazinga box.

I am #3 on the list, and the box is going to start with this product in it.

I don't know if I should order it, or cross my fingers and hope it gets to me.

I know, I know....1st world problems :smileyhappy:

Nicrohr

Lol - I'm #1 on the list, and I won't be taking it out!  Just ask #2 and you're good to go!

Nicrohr

Okay so I like it - I even like it for daytime, it's like a balmy gloss for me.  I esp use it at night.

That being said, I don't think it's MIRACULOUS.

I do think it's good though, and I am happy with it.

BF loves the vanilla cake taste, he calls it.

mafan

I think this stuff is great. I'm not one to to put Chapstick on all the times might put a balm on a coule of times a day.  This stuff is more for at night. I've found that it applies nicely with a lip brush. (I had to do that to finish my sample, which lasted about 3 weeks.) If my tube breaks, I'll just put it in a pot, and I might use the brush regardless. I know this stuff is going with me when I go scuba diving. I hope I never have the horrible, bleeding lips I had last summer. 

laurennnlove

I do not think that it is a must have product for me.  I get really dry lips, so much to the fact that I got a prescription for it about 2 years ago.  My lips get really red, peel, and get chapped in the corners of my lips.  My go-to product has been the fresh sugar lip scrub.  I think it is amazing and works wonders for me.  I put it on and leave it on at night.  However, I do like this Agave lip mask.  I think it is very thick and hard to get out of the tube, though.  It worked well I suppose, but you can only use it at night.  It is definitely not a day time product.  Since I am a lip addict and apply chapstick every hour, my lips have not been very dry lately, so I will have to try this product again when I have really dry lips.  Maybe then I will be more in love with this product and feel like it is a must have.  But right now, I like it, but i'm not in love...yet. 

mlmac

I'm late to the game on adding my two cents here.  Originally, I purchased this for my six year old daughter who has the worst chapped lips I've ever seen.  I figured she could put some on before bed and that would take care of things.  Her lips look great, now and are comfortable...instead of dry/chapped/peeling/bleeding.  She licks her lips constantly so she certainly needs it nightly. 

For the last two nights I've done a lip scrub and put the mask on and have woken up not only with soft lips but with a considerable amount of the product still on my lips.  My lipstick wears so nicely throughout the day and feel amazing.  I wish two things: 1) That the packaging was different and 2) That I could slather my whole body with this and have the softest skin in the world!

pixyfaygo

(0) Hearts

I just made a post about it today!  I absolutely love it!

pinktorridora

Omgosh I love this stuff. The other day I went in to my local SiJCP and asked them where it was bc the product page said they had it in stock. The male associate immediately ran to their stock room and tore through boxes to find it. He brought out several, gave one to me, and then opened one so we could both sample it! We both gushed about the consistency and smell. It was such a fun interaction! I obviously bought it right there and then.

mrscoco

I am loving it a lot!! I have tried a ton of things like it and this is the only thing thus far that I have straight up loved.

BaByKiTTy214

I got mines last week by mail and I love it! I have really dry chapped lips that peels and this is the only product that fixed that problem for me. I used to only use aquaphor and nothing else coz my lips are so sensitive but after reading the reviews about this made me want to try it. I'm so glad I did! Now my lips feels great and so soft. I can now use lipstick without looking all weird with chappy lips. :smileyhappy:

nikki

Sounds like what my chapped lips from my vicious cold need! But I love my Fresh and I don't really need both...

glossyguru

Now I'm super interested, my lips are always chapped/peeling/bleeding and nothing ever works. I think I'll pick this up though, I really love all of the Bite's lip products that I've tried.

shortstuff07

Thank you, I've been wondering about this!  It's so dry in Denver I feel like I need a lip miracle!  Hopefully this does the trick, I'm so tired of flaky lips ruining my lipstick.  :smileysad:

camiah

I love it more than any lip product I have ever used. I wish I didn't have half a pot of Creme de Rose because I don't want to use it now, I love the Bite so much more. My lips are extremely dry, and this has helped a lot.  Im definitely repurchasing. I also, like others, hate the packaging. 

mafan

I definitely need to check this out.  Not only could I use something to help in this dry, cold weather, but if it's really good then it might help solve my problems when scuba diving, too.

I think I'm going to check out SiJCP tonight for their skincare customizable kit, and I'll see if I can get a sample to try while I'm there.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • nikki
    • marydiva
    • pixyfaygo
    • jxw200
    • mrscoco
    • Manda