thesupergirl

Sephora no longer selling Kat Von D celebutard

According to the examiner sephora pulled celebutard of the shelves due to an outrage across the Internet a celebutard is defined by urban dictionary is a famous stupid person. Sephora has issued an apology but what do you guy and girls think? 

viviene23

Re: Sephora no longer selling Kat Von D celebutard

(0) Hearts

I saw this in SJCP today....a whole bunch of them. I don't think they are aware that it is supposed to be pulled out so for those who are looking to stock up on them...check out you local JCPenney sephora. They also have a lot of goodies on sale. I saw KVD sinner rollerball for $9.99 and illamasqua nail polishes for $4.

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

I got the sinner rollerball today for $5 in my SIJCP. I am giving it as part of a gift. :smileyhappy:

bvnny

viviene23

(0) Hearts

You're welcome :-)

veronika23

I don't want to disrespect anyone but isn't there a word and or description for everything on the urban dictionary?  I mean you look up something and there's like 20 different meanings.  Looking at the name I never thought it would offend anyone but if it does I'm sorry it did.

lilmissmodel14

Exactly.. There is a bad meaning of a lot of common words... I don't really find something wrong but it was sephora's choice and they were the  bigger person today.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Haha, Urban Dictionary is where I go when I can't figure out why BT bleeped my words. =P

veronika23

(0) Hearts

hahaha yeah!  or when I can't figure out something :smileywink:

hypnoticpoise

I think the Celebutard issue is blown way out of proportion. I think it was sneaky way of hinting "this is a color similar to Paris Hilton's lip color" which was Prrr by MAC (sp?) if I'm not much mistaken. I have special needs people in my family and I wasn't offended nor did I think the name was in anyway a knock at them. However we're so insanely politically correct these days that it's hard to say anything without offending someone, and I'm sure it will only get worse with time.

thesupergirl

I totally agree with you, it was blown out of proportion. My brother has special needs and me and my family didn't find this offensive .

Kiki1517

I agree with you 100%! I also have someone in my family with special needs and am not offended at all. I think people pick the randomest things to get upset over. GUARANTEED the same people causing this uproar have called other people worse names than what this lipstick supposedly insinuates. People just want to feel like they're part of something important and taking a lipstick off the market isn't going to get them anywhere. 

hydee77

(0) Hearts

I remember a similar outrage regarding a name of an eyeshadow by The Balm in I think, their Nude 'Tude palette.  They ended up renaming the shade.  Maybe they will do this for this lipstick.

bvnny

I'm bummed out.. I never wear lipstick or gloss or any color on my lips. I recently got celebutard as a sample and I love it. This was the first lipstick I've ever worn and was happy about. I recently tried buying the full size and could not find it. They need to just change the name, not get rid of it just because some people got their feelings hurt. What next? Anytime a shade name is too much for a group of people, it stops existing? :smileysad:

ChicDabbler

Aww, I hope they rename it. If they didn't, maybe you can still grab a couple from your local store? even if it's not out front, maybe there's a couple in the back? Good luck to people who like the shades! I recently fell in love with a rare shade and was trying to get it matched instore, finally figured out how ppl felt when their favs are discontinued. T.T

bvnny

(0) Hearts

Heading to the store tonight. Probably going to say "I know you had to have them pulled, but you have some in the back maybe? Please sell them to me I will love you forever" At least they can try and match it...I'm just scared that was my one time to wear color on my lips.

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

I'm sure they'll just rename it and put it back out.  It might take a few months, but I doubt something they put out there so often will just die because of the name.  

ladysybil

Good riddance! That color is awful

StraightRhodes

[ Edited ]

Oh dear. I hope she renames it because I actually like the color of it a lot, although I will admit I never cared for the name.

Psst: For anyone else who loves the shade like I do you can still get the ALMOSTVIB perk without a limit. I have free shipping so I just buy a dollar shower gel cap and can get sent the perk.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Seriously, it doesn't work for me. I tried to get a second bag and it tells me sorry, you've already redeemed this perk.

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

The ALMOSTVIB? Not the Blitz code that one is a 1 time use. I had no problem using it again today.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Yeah the ALMOSTVIB code doesn't work for me. I loved the bag because of the lippie and the liner.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 97 replies
  • 268 hearts
  • 52 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77
    • melanito