polanskym

Search for Moisturizing Lipstick!

I'm fairly new to lipsticks... tried a lot of drugstore fails. They're either too drying or the color fades in 5 minutes!

I'd love some advice for a good nude or pink lipstick. I have light skin with blonde hair and hazel eyes.

I can't be the only one who wishes her lip color won't immediately rub off or make her lips super dry! Appreciate any input :smileyhappy:

annr10

Re: Search for Moisturizing Lipstick!

I definitely have the same problem... I tried some of the long wearing liquid lipsticks and those are really drying so I'd avoid those.  I really love the MUFE rouge artist natural lipstick... I just bought it in N31(bright pink!) and it feels like lip balm.  Stays on for a pretty good time and really easy to reapply.

annr10

(0) Hearts

You might also want to try out the bite lipsticks... those are great  if you're looking for something all natural.

laurabt

Hi Polanskym, I second the Dior Addict Lip Glow.  I use it daily as a lip balm and a lipstick.  It gives a very natural rosy glow.

Dior Addict Lip Glow.jpg

Also, take a look at Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint in Lychee. It contains argan oil & vitamin E.

Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint.jpg

http://bit.ly/ZLOGum

:smileyhappy: -Laura

beautylovingirl

My favorite lipsticks are from YSL they are gorgeous colors and very girly. For the most moisturizing in that brand I would recommend The Volupte Shine. Hope this helps!

polanskym

It does. I want to spend my money in the right place and don't want to keep searching. I keep hearing YSL when anyone mentions lipsticks...there must be a reason why. Thanks!!

cefrd13

(0) Hearts

Believe it or not I just tried Sephora brand rouge shine lipstick and I'm in love. It's really comparable to Stila's Balm lipstick. Moisturizing with a bit of shine and good color pay off at a wayyyy lower price point. I too have light skin and I have the #7. Really love it.

polanskym

(0) Hearts

I love that you included the price element in there too. Thank you I'm so excited to go check out the colors next time I'm in store!

lylysa

I'm absolutely in love with Laura Mercier's Creme lipsticks (my perfect neutral is Sparkling Pink), they come in an array of colors and formulas, but are all very hydrating and wear well! I've gone up to 6-8 hours in them and they don't dry down odd and they feel so smooth on!

To help lock whatever color you use down, try lining and filling in your lips softly with a creamy lip liner than matches your lipshade. The ones from Smashbox are great and come in great neutrals to pair under whatever color you choose.

To find your perfect "true to you" lip color, pucker your lips and go off the color that's on the inner portion of your mouth/lips as opposed to matching right to the color of your lips you see.

polanskym

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the tips!!! I've always shyed away from using lip liners but I really think it's about time I invest. Thanks for all your help!

kd006

(0) Hearts

Dior Addict Lip Glow. It's amazing! It turns to match your skintone and looks beautiful. It keeps me hydrated and the color lasts a long time on me.

polanskym

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I had a product similar to this but lost it so maybe its time to buy this one. Have you tried any of the Dior Addict Lipsticks?

kd006

(0) Hearts

No I actually haven't but I do plan to purchase in the future! I have them on my wishlist. I've only tried the lip glow and the creme de rose lip balm which I also love, but I only tend to wear that at night, and you said you wanted more color so that's why I suggest that. Also I find that the YSL sheer candies do have some hydration to them, but it just doesn't last as long as the lip glow, but they give a beautiful color. You might want to look into those too :smileyhappy:

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Hi, polanskym!  I really like Clinque Chubby Stick Intense.

polanskym

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your help! I'll check it out next time I'm in store.

starletta8

Check the swatch board for some ideas- there's a master lipstick thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Lipstick-Swatches/td-p/486793

In terms of moisturizing formulas: most of us swear by YSL Rouge Volupte Shine or Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (not at Sephora). Both are sheer and incredibly moisturizing.

polanskym

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!! This really helped.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • cefrd13