Amanderr

Recommendations of nude lipstick color that flatters tan, yellow-tone skin?

I have really tan skin with yellow undertones and have never been able to find the perfect let alone flattering nude lip colors. I am open to any kind of nude- pinky nudes, brown nudes, etc. If you could recommend any specific colors/brands, that would much be appreciated. Thanks !

sp2001

Re: Recommendations of nude lipstick color that flatters tan, yellow-tone skin?

(0) Hearts

UD lipstick in liar is beautiful, and hourglass gloss in child will make any lipstick absolutely beautiful

meganlisa

I like Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Naked and Naked2.  The first has more color…almost not a nude…so I don't look washed out.  The latter is a rare pale nude that I can wear (and I love it; I tend to play up my eyes so need a color like this).  D&G Cinnamon, no longer at Sephora but still elsewhere, is another light one I can wear.

But, what works best for me, since nudes are tough for me as well, are nude glosses.  I get a similar effect but with a help help from my natural lip color which helps me not look washed out.

My skin is probably a little lighter than yours…but it sounds similar otherwise.

What you don't say is your hair, eye and lip color (pigmented or not?).  They will have as big an impact as your skin tone.

Hope that helps!  Hard to know for sure without seeing a picture.

Amanderr

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestions, never thought to look at urban decay lipsticks but the naked 2 color caught my eye! I'll try it on instore and hopefully it doesnt wash me out, thanks!

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

Naked2 is one of the few pale nudes that doesn't wash me out.  I've recommended it to others..and it works for many.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Amanderr,

It's hard to find the best nude for you without seeing you in person.  Here are some suggestions to start with, but I highly recommend visiting a Sephora store and asking a Cast Member help you find a great color in person!

Check out YSL Rouge Volupté lipstick in Nude Beige, Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Liar, or Dior Addict Lipstick in Tulle 214 or Urban 178. 

:smileyhappy: -Laura

sp2001

(0) Hearts

what number is nude beige?

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Oh- and NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Floralies! :smileyhappy: -Laura

Nars satin lip pencili.jpg

Amanderr

(0) Hearts

The ysl looks tempting, but definitely costs a pretty penny (maybe if Im feeling extravagant one day, I'll buy one)! I can see myself really enjoying the nars one you suggested and much more friendly to my college student wallet, lol. Appreciate your response, I always like asking any questions on the advice board before going in store since I feel like I get more genuine and often times more well-informed answers, go figure!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

For a "natural" lip that is more so about playing up your natural lip color where it looks like there's no other shade applied, start with finding products to suit your individual coloring by pucker your lips and gauge the color on the inner perimeter of your mouth. Go off this rather than the color of your lips as sometimes applying an exact color that matches to your lips ends up looking off.

You may also try to check out images of celebrities that have your complexion and coloring and take references from more nude, natural tones they were.

MUFE's Rouge Artist Natural lip stick line is a great place to start as it has a range of more "natural" colors.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • laurabt
    • sp2001
    • meganlisa
    • Amanderr
Photos1