theramenlover

Recommendations for Dark Red Lipstick?

(0) Hearts

Happy Friday! 

I'm searching for a dark red lipstick, something darker than Cruella which isn't really dark enough for me. Any brand will do but MAC as I am allergic to 90% of their lipsticks :smileyhappy: I'm attending an Autumn wedding soon and would love a nice dark red, plus. I just love dark reds xD

malday

Re: Recommendations for Dark Red Lipstick?

How do you feel about drug store brands? Rimmel makes a nice dark red. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate #11. Or if you're looking for something darkerWet 'n' Wild Mega Last in 918D Cherry Bomb. That formula is a little tricker but it's like $2 haha.

For higher end try Urban Decay Shame or MUFE #48

Unfortunately all the dark reds I own are MAC

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Love Rimmel eye pencils so I would totally be up for trying the Kate Moss collection. I've heard a lot of raves but never got a chance to check em out! Thanks for the rec! 

Shame also looks super gorgeous so I might give shot a shot xD

garnett

Hourglass has a color called Icon that is a deep rich red.  They make it in lipstick, liquid lipstick, gloss, and lip pencil so you can get it in your favorite type of formulation and layer it to make it and keep it deep and dark. 

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Oh my, I looked it up online and it looks gorgeous. Suddenly I think after this, I'm going to own about 5 dark read lipsticks lol. Thanks!

BeautyJunkie325

2 darker reds I've been eyeing are Kat Von D Hellbent and Nars Scarlet Empress.  Hellbent is a deep blood red and Scarlet Empress is a dark bluer red.  

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Totally biased but I feel like NARS makes some of the best reds out there. I'm most definitely going to check that one out! Thanks a lot :smileyhappy:

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I have Cruella and love it.  I really think ill be picking up Scarlet Empress on my next trip to Sephora.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • malday
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • garnett