cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Primer for Matte Lips

Question...

Anyone use a primer for matte lips?  If so what kind?

Is it better to just use on prepped, bare lips?

matte lips.jpg

Re: Primer for Matte Lips

Hello,

I wear mattes nearly everyday and in the morning after I apply my foundation, I usually use a lip mask (Kaplan MD one)- leave it on for about 10 minutes while I work on my blush, highlight, etc then I remove it with a piece of tissue and prime my lips with Anastasia's lip primer. It makes my lips baby smooth ALL day long. Hope this helps 🙂

http://www.sephora.com/lip-20-mask-P392461?skuId=1682244&icid2=products grid:p392461

http://www.sephora.com/lip-primer-P406577?skuId=1792555&icid2=products grid:p406577

I own a primer, but I hardly use it. Typically if I'm gonna be doing a matte lip, I will put a layer of my rosebud salve on my lips before starting my makeup. Since lipstick is one of the last few things I put on, I just let it sit until it comes time to do lipstick, then use a tissue to pat off any remaining salve before putting on lipstick. Helps with my lips not looking too dried out. I also use the salve at night. A nice thick layer to leave to soak in while I sleep, which has helped in general with how dry my lips get.

@Kay522 Thank you I'll try that!  I have all types of lip moisturizers, and balms but have yet to try rosebud salve.

@CheetaGirl04 it's mostly a thick balm for the lips, they sell it at Sephora and Ulta in a pot format and a tube format. I love the tube, it's a lot less messy.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • matte lips.jpg
testing