mrsbaine

On the hunt...still for a good day time work appropriate pink lipstick. Enable me!

Tall orders, I know! I've been looking for a nice springy pink lipstick for over a month. All the ones I gravitate to are more rose brown, like mac's viva glam 5, and BM Make your Move. I would love to try a nice pink that's not too bright and not brownish pink. Any suggestions? Thanks! 

missey1973

Re: On the hunt...still for a good day time work appropriate pink lipstick. Enable me!

I went to MAC a few weeks ago and was given some good advice. I wanted to get a nice pink lipstick and she told me that my lip color (darker red) would alter what the lipstick looked like. So, she used a pink lip liner all over my lips first than put on the pink lipstick and gloss and I was shocked. It was the first I have ever had pretty pink lips. Plus, it stayed on a long time. She said that the liner would give my lips that  nice pink base they needed and she was right. I ended up with a liner called Hip and Happy and two lipstick in Hot Gossip and Flusterose.

mrsbaine

Re: On the hunt...still for a good day time work appropriate pink lipstick. Enable me!

(0) Hearts

That is great advice!!! I think I'll wait till next Sunday's event and have the mua's try that with me. Thank you! 

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Omg I have the same problem! My lips are pigmented so any lipstick color doesnt really show up true on my lips, especially pink ones. I'm going to try the liner and lipstick you mentioned!

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I was truly shocked how well it worked. I had never used a MAC lip liner before and I was really impressed at the staying power it had.

MsFortune76

I love Bobbi Brown's sandwashed pink

melde

A few others have mentioned.... BITE's Fig!!!!

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=bite%20fig&skuId=1321348&productId=P283903&...

Absolutely gorgeous pink. (I am actually wearing it today, too). I was enabled on here to purchase it a few weeks ago. I am typically a red lips kind of girl, but I cannot get enough of this lipstick lately. :smileyhappy:

fig

(not my image, from google)

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

I have pepper and it applies much darker for me. I think it does come down to lip color, and I'd categorize mine as rosey brown colored. :smileyhappy: hence all the brown based looks I end up getting. It's all making sense now! 

LaiceeB18

[ Edited ]

Nars Niagra is a lovely pinky color. :smileyhappy: A bit brighter but still lovely.

url-1.jpeg

mrsbaine

Omg, that is also pretty. Looks like I need to look into Nars. I couldn't wear their bronzes- made me break out, do I never looked at the rest of their line. 

linda711

dole.jpg

I love Nars Dolce Vita for a professional setting.  It's a sheer dusty rose that is somewhat buildable, and the finish is creamy and non-drying.  Also, I think this is a truly universal color for all skin tones.

FancyPantzy

[ Edited ]

-

linda711

lol, I wear it year round too so I guess that includes Spring:smileywink:

mrsbaine

Oh that's pretty!!! I just looked up a swatch online. I Have a couple great ideas! Thanks ladies! 

lecia1167

Stila is my all-time favorite brand of lipsticks, so I'd say that brand in Amelia -- pink taupe. Very, very pretty!s1487982-main-hero.jpg

mrsbaine

Stila is having a sale on their site today. 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

My mom's favorite lipstick shade is a pinkish brownish ALMOST neutral color.  She loves Hourglass' Mural, and I have to admit I've been tempted to swipe it more than a few times!  Tarte's Glamazon Pure Performance 16-hour lipstick in "Inspired" also fits the bill beautifully.  These are definitely pink shades, but they are subdued and are slightly brownish/taupe-toned so they are definitely day and work appropriate.  Both are excellent formulas as well!

http://www.sephora.com/glamazon-pure-performance-12-hour-lipstick-P375344?skuId=1437201

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=mural&skuId=1440635&productId=P269502&_requ...

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried hourglass yet for lipsticks. I should give them a look.

jozkid

I love Bite's Fig. It's a nice natural rosy pink without the brown cast. Real pretty and definitely work appropriate.

michmo

This is my absolute favorite lipstick and it is such a wearable shade for so many people.  

jozkid

(0) Hearts

Wearing it today!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • talinder
    • mrsbaine
    • MsFortune76