Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar anyone??

I love lip gloss, lipstick sometimes, well anything for the lips!! lol If there's one thing (well 2 really) that I would never leave home without its lip gloss (one sheer and one with a color just in case) and mascara!!

But anyway the point of this is that I have been thinking of buying lip tar because its supposed to last. But I'm wondering about the tar part- I really dont want anything that I will make me scrub the skin off of my lips. Has anyone tested this product out??

Re: Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar anyone??

[ Edited ]

Also, the metallic versions dry down a bit quicker than the regular lip tars, so if you get a metallic, work with a little at a time so it doesn't dry down too fast, making you waste product.

Plenty of people love the lip tars and I guess its more of a preference, but i had to return mine. It looked like clay on my lips and the color was very dull. it looked way too old on me (im 13) and honestly I didnt like it. Your supposed to use the clear lip tar under it but i wasnt going to spen another $20 just to make it look good. I dont want to stop you from trying it! Actualy thats exactly what i suggest you do! Try it, see if you like it, and buy it if you love it! Just because I didnt like it doesnt mean you wont! Hope this helped:smileyhappy:

Hi qmgirl, 

Make sure your lips are moisturized before you apply any of the Lip Tars, thats the best tip I have. I also suggest the addition of the Clear Lip Tar for a base too. Mixing colors together is great to get the perfect shade you want, but as with any of them, just use a tiny amount! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

(0) Hearts

Thank you dianabt! At first i didnt know abou tthe clear lip tar but i now have it in my basket! lol And I learned the hard way that a little goes a long way but Im getting better at applying it! lol

Hi Qmgirl I LOVE the lip tars.  I just ordered a new one today :smileyhappy: They come off quite easily with water or makeup remover. Make sure your lips are hydrated as they look best on a smooth lip.

My favs are Melange, Starling and Interlace and I just ordered the new metallic Authentic.

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip TarObsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip Tar

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip Tar

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip Tar - Metallic

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the information keelybt! I actually finally bought the lip tar in nylon the other day. i wanted something to stand out when i go out with the girls. It def stands out but I really like it. At first it was hard to apply but i think I am getting used to it. Have to wear it for my belated birthday celebration tomorrow! lol But I like the other ones you mentioned as well which are every day colors. Thanks! 

Thank you lylysa and melde!! I already have it in my basket. I just have to talk myself into it a little more! lol But it seems like it is a good buy so I am sure it will be one of my weekly purchases this week! lol

Awesome! You're welcome! I hope you like them! And like lylysa mentioned, you can mix. So if you do have two, you can mix the two shades to get even more colors. :smileyhappy: (But I think she also mentioned you only need a tiny, tiny amount.) :smileyhappy:

I would say about a small, water droplet amount is good, I mean, yes, everyone's lips are different sizes, but it's easier to add more product than to take away!

(0) Hearts

That's great to hear! I'm glad we could help!

[ Edited ]

The Lip Tar product in my opinion is a wonder product!

Don't let the name or even the colors fool you, they are very wearable and the assortment offered allows you to play with mixing and matching shades to create your own custome color!

The product itself offers full impact, high quality, dense, color pay off like a rich, full bodied lipstick, but is formulated like a lip lacquer or a very thick gloss. It's a hybrid product, making it a liquid lipstick.

The key to working with the OCC Lip Tars is using a precise application lip brush and a very small amount. A tiny "bead" of product goes a long way because of how rich the pigment is. It does "dry down" and absorb a bit after it's initial application, giving it the look of a lipstick to where it stays in place, but the amount and application is during it's "liquid" phase is where things can get tricky. Even though it may feel like a thick gloss, don't layer it on like one. Too much will equal to a mess and have your color bleeding and feathering. When you're "painting" it on, it should run slick across your lips and you shouldn't have any excess to push or rub around.

To further assist in preventing fading/feathering if you're not 100% confident, invest in an invisible lip liner or primer. Urban Decay and Too Faced make clear, waxy lip liners that you can trace along your lipline to prevent products like this or any bold lip color from migrating.

Oh, and as a side note, the new metallic shades dry down a bit faster than the originals, so don't squeeze out too much, this will prevent you from wasting.

Good tips on the Lip Tars!

I use a clear lip pencil and the Clear Lip Tar as a base to prime my lips before putting on a color.  (Don't even think of using the tars on chapped lips!)  The Clear is also really helpful in toning down some of the colors that look a bit gaudy straight out of the tube. 

The only colors I like straight out of the tube are NSFW, Stalker and Black Dahila.  Most of the others look weird on my light medium skin tone.  (The lighter colors seem to look weirder when used alone than the darker colors.)  I find I have to mix them with other colors or the Tarred or Feathered shades to achieve a flattering color.

The Lip Tars can also be drying to the lips, so I usually follow up with a clear gloss.

Hi! I have tried the OCC Lip Tar in two colors. I really like them. They have great staying power. They are a little drying, but probably in the range of matte lipsticks? I just wear a little aquaphor under mind and let it soak in before I apply and it has been fine. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 7 in conversation