elea33

New Obsession? Ut Oh, Too Faced La Creme Lipstick

I think I may be in trouble! I just spoted the new Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks on Sephora.com. I went hunting for swatches after the few reviews all came back in high praises. They look amazing.

Instantly I want Naughty Nude, Spice Spice Baby, and Juicy Melons.

It looks like they come off semi sheer and beautiful.

As anyone tried them yet?

Too Faced - La CrémeToo Faced - La CrémeToo Faced - La Créme

sarinalove

Re: New Obsession? Ut Oh, Too Faced La Creme Lipstick

(0) Hearts

I have naughty nude and juicy melons and use both regularly. Very hydrating, color is great, etc. love this product!

katief241981

(0) Hearts

did you see this set??

Yep, I want it!!!

katief241981

I just noticed ilovebears posted the same! haha.  twinsies

ilovebears

I ordered the "La Crème de La Crème Long Lasting Lip Collection" during the VIB sale, and absolutely love the two colors in the set -- Naked Dolly and Spice Spice Baby. :smileyhappy: The lipsticks are also very hydrating, perfect for my dry lips! Plus the set was a great deal :smileyhappy:

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

I think I have about 5 of them, Coral Fire, Marshmellow Baby, Razzle Dazzle Rose, Divine Wine and Naked Dolly.  I'm a pretty big fan of the formula, and the colors are gorgeous!

thewanderlust

(0) Hearts

I highly recommend the La Crème lipsticks! They are highly pigmented and very long-wearing. Not super moisturizing, but creamy enough that they feel very comfortable. Spice Spice Baby is my favorite shade. It's described as a "pinky brown" but it's definitely rosy, not brown, and very flattering.

On weekdays, I wear one swipe of the shade over lip balm. On weekends, I prefer statement eyes (rather than statement lips) and wear this shade opaque. It's very versatile. Definitely flattering on a variety of skin tones. I'm light with yellow undertones.

elea33

Ladies,

I had to share a follow-up.

I put the Spice Spice Baby and Naughty Nude on my last Sephora.com order.

These did not disappoint. I had no previous experience with Too Faced Lip products, but these only have a slightly sweet scent and no noticable flavor to them. Nothing bad at least.

Spice Spice Baby is A-mazing! This is super versitle, and will look amazing on most skin tones.

Naughty Nude is a true nude and very nice as well.

The packaging is super cute! It has a good weight to it and is very pretty.

I'm in love with these!

I don't really go for glossy lipsticks, I'm more of a matte girl, but these seem to be  perfectly pigmented and hydrating.

Anyone else tried them yet? I can't wait to swatch the others in the store and pick up a few more.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Thanks for sharing! I was thinking about getting the Naughty Nude. It looks like a great color to wear with so many eyeshadows:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
melissabt

Hi Elea33,

Yes! I saw these online and placed an order for one. It arrived yesterday. I really like the constancy. It feels like a lip butter so it has a sheer-medium coverage. I noticed that these lip sticks do not have a smell to them either. I cant wait to try the other shades:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
elea33

Melissabt,

Which shade did you receive? I have spice spice baby in my cart but I'm trying to decide if that's the one I want first.

melissabt

Hi Elea33,

I got the shade Marshmallow Bunny - marshmallow pink. Its a frosty light pink. The Spice Spice Baby looks like a pretty rich neutral nude. I think that shade will go with a lot of eye shadow colors:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
triciaann12

[ Edited ]

elea33

Triclaann12,

Thanks for the feedback. I have not prior experience with Too Faced Lip products.

The swatched review said this:

There’s a little bit of fragrance that I can’t place—but it’s so minimal that I can’t even say much about it. After the initial application, I cannot detect flavor or fragrance.

Maybe I will swatch them in store before committing.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

elea33

(0) Hearts

You're right. I am pretty sensitive to scent. I couldn't get over the scent/taste of NARS lip gloss. As pretty as it is I just can't get over it. I'll try it on then minutes later take it off again almost as if I expected a different result :smileyhappy:

I have to say my favorite lipstick is MAC. There is a sutile vanilla but nothing tragic or off putting. The NARS Matte Lip Pencils have no scent (to me anyhow), but the taste is a little off. I still wear that though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • elea33
    • melissabt
    • triciaann12
    • sarinalove
    • ilovebears
    • katief241981