marinaanne147

Nars NEW Satin Lip Pencils

[ Edited ]

Hopefully a bunch of you have tried NARS' Velvet Matte or Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils, because they are excellent products in my opinion. NARS is now coming out with a Satin Lip Pencil with a texture and finish that is in betwen the Matte and Glossy versions. They have been recieving excellent reviews and look absolutely gorgeous! 

What do you think?

viviene23

Re: Nars NEW Satin Lip Pencils

(0) Hearts

I have Isola bella and Yu and so far i like it. They glide on easily...very creamy but I had to reapply a few times, doesnt last long. I got compliments for it so I didn't mind reapplying at all.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Emmaclaire We should be getting them in soon :smileyhappy: Keep an eye out!

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Ok, thanks!  I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later - I have an order I'd like to place but I'm waiting to see if there's a VIB deal coming up and/or if the NARS pencils will be available!  Gotta get my hands on Golshan haha

emmaclaire

When will these be at Sephora???

jessica223344

I purchased NARS new Satin lip pencil in Yu.  I love it!  I actually purchased elsewhere but I'm sure I'll place an order at Sephora when I run out.  It's great because the color stays!  I have had really dry lips and I don't know if it sucked the color in even more.  I just know that even after eating and wiping it off with a tissue the color stain was still there.  I stopped at my local Sephora and purchased Fresh's Advance Lip Therapy (which has really helped) and will try the lip pencil again and see how beautiful it looks.  I'm glad you shared how awesome it is.  I was thinking the same thing! 

dianabt

Hi Marinaanne147, 

Sorry I had to edit your post! We don't allow external links on Beauty Talk, you can review the guidelines here> http://bit.ly/Xlt2tk

I did try the Nars Satin pencils during a new Nars training we had from their representatives. They are super creamy, pigmented and vibrant, not quite shiny and glossy, but not a matte or dry pencil formuation either. 

The shades are gorgeous and look stunning, super high pigment and the texture is easily applied on the lips. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

Woops, sorry! I completely forgot!

I'm glad you like them - I will definitely be picking up a few. Are they in Sephora stores yet?

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

marinaanne147----I, like beautytester, never have problems with ruining my tips, I also apply it kinda slanted so that I get a slanted tip. The Buxom big and healthy lipstick has a sharpener built into the bottom but I never use it because I dont need it, and there's only a couple of inches of lipstick in there that it would be a huge waste to even use that thing. I think the tarte ones are a LOT chubbier than the ones I have, mine are the perfect size for application and dont need to be sharpened.

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

They look great, but I prefer the twist up lip pencils (buxom big and healthy lipstick, bite beauty high pigment matte pencil) that you dont have to sharpen because sharpening wastes *so* much product, and they arent cheap.

marinaanne147

Hi, sephoramusthave! I personally don't really mind sharpening pencils. If I really want to minimize waste, I'll put them in the fridge for a few minutes before sharpening. I have a few twist-ups as well (Tarte Lipsurgence) and find that I ruin the tip quickly and then end up messing up the application. How do you avoid that?

ChicDabbler

I usually use the tip to draw the line, then fill it in with the pencil slanted like a lipstick so I get a slanted tip. 

charlielovefool

(0) Hearts

I agree. There are so many products I skip because they're ones you need to sharpen. As for the new Nars pencils, I've seen them and am tempted but probably won't indulge.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • charlielovefool
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • marinaanne147
    • dianabt