cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Name Estée Lauder's Newest Lipstick Shade

BeautyTalk_Estee_Lauder_name_that_shade.jpg

BeautyTalkers, we want to hear from you! Estée Lauder asked us to help name their newest Pure Color Envy Shine lipstick shade, coming to Sephora in February. What's your vote? Post it in the thread below by Friday, January 23.

Re: Name Estée Lauder's Newest Lipstick Shade

My vote is for Obsessed

Anonymous Insider

Obsessed...but that's the same name of a similar color of an urban decay revolution lipstick!

soooo... Rebel

My vote is for Rebel. Mostly for my own amusement. I'd giggle to myself at the name every time I wore it!

Obsessed is the name...The other two are suitable for kind of red shades like others said 🙂

Obsessed 

I agree with the other posts. The choices definitely don't fit the colour, but the best of the three is obsessed.

Personally, the first names that came to my mind were "Gentle Kiss" or "Indulgent".

I feel like these names don't really represent the color very well. I'd say Misty Rose, Blossom or Whisper would be a good name for the shade. Obsessed is probably the most appropriate out of the proposed names, although I honestly don't feel any of these truly fit.

For some reason Careless Whispers was the first name that came to my mind... But, I disregarded it because of the song...

A. Obsessed. The other one's reallllly don't fit the color.

innocent is actually already the name of one of their sculpting shine lipsticks.

how about "serenity"?

When I first glanced at the title, for about a half a second I read the first two words as Namaste instead of Name Estee. Namaste would be a great name for this lipstick, btw, but of the three I think Obsessed is the best one. Fiery makes me expect a reddish orange and Rebel seems like a name that a blackened red or purple should have.

Exactly. What exactly is "rebellious" or "fiery" about a sheer light pink? Obsessed is probably the only one that might fit but even then...meh. Is there a naming department for lipsticks? Can I work there? 

How awesome would that job be?!

Obsessed is the only suitable name among given three choices.

I agree the names don't match the color... I guess obsessed if I had to pick one of the 3...  Maybe something softer like Love in Bloom, First Blush or Dawn(ing).

You could totally work in marketing. 🙂

Thanks! That's what I studied 😉

Me too, but I'm definitely not as good at it as you are!!  🙂

aw thanks. I'm not good. lol  You have amazing talents my friend!

Obsessed. The other I feel are names for a red shade.

I agree with everyone else, these names are way too intense for a light shade. I love the write-in of Innocence.

If we have to stick to the three choices, Obsessed is the least bad.

testing