cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Name Estée Lauder's Newest Lipstick Shade

BeautyTalk_Estee_Lauder_name_that_shade.jpg

BeautyTalkers, we want to hear from you! Estée Lauder asked us to help name their newest Pure Color Envy Shine lipstick shade, coming to Sephora in February. What's your vote? Post it in the thread below by Friday, January 23.

Re: Name Estée Lauder's Newest Lipstick Shade

Obsessed would be the perfect choice. Fiery and rebel remind me of darker tones, and this is no where close to it. It's a beautiful shade and obsessed would be a perfect fit. 

Anonymous Insider

I think "obsessed" is definitely the best because the other names would fit something more bold.

definitely 'obsessed'.

Echoing the comments below, obsessed is the only one that seems okay on the list  I would expect to find the other two names on bold colors, although obsessed is a pretty intense name for such a delicate pink color. 

I would much prefer the write in names of innocence or demure.  They are much more fitting for the color.

Obsessed...by process of elimination.

Obsessed

If you hold a gun to my head, then Obsessed. But I agree with the rest... these names do not mesh with the color at all.

The best I saw so far:

Innocence

Demure

Petal

Obsessed

I'll go with obsessed with the caveat that it's the best of three kinda bad (sorry) choices. This is a beautiful color but I don't think any of these dramatic name choices fit it! LOVE the color and want to buy it NOW! 

From the choices given, I think 'obsessed' is the best match 🙂

My vote: Demure.

None of the above...I think obsessed is just as bad as the other 2. I assume that it's a choice because envy is in the name of the lipstick and the concept of obsession is related to envy, but it doesn't speak to this soft color at all.

None of the listed names are appropriate for this color.

I prefer the write-in name "Innocence."

Thank you for this opportunity!  🙂

None of the proposed names fit the color. Estee Lauder should hire a different marketing/creative team (in terms of naming colors), because the color does not convey Obsessed, Fiery, nor Rebel.

I vote for Innocence, and Estee Lauder would be crazy to name it anything other than that. And that's my two cents!

P.S. Beautiful color, by the way.

I feel like they might be trolling us though.  Marketing people do that sometimes just to get a rise out of people.  Imagine if there were three very vanilla names to choose from: Petal, Demure, and Innocence, for example.  Would so many people have come up with write-ins and be commenting on this thread?  I doubt it. 

You know any color called "fiery" would be red or orange, and "Rebel" is a very popular MAC color, and as the name suggests, it'd be an unorthodox lip color, like a purple or a brown.  Even "Obsessed" is already a popular UD lipstick name -- in a very natural pink shade.  After a bit of research, it looks like the first thing that pops up for "fiery lipstick" in a google image search is the Stila liquid lipstick of that name.

So, I don't know... maybe their marketing team is trolling us?  Either that or they have the most unoriginal marketing team ever.  I can't decide. 

You're right, all three names are already pretty well known lipsticks. Maybe they want to test name/brand recognition or whatever it is marketing people do.. This is probably the worst place for them to conduct their shady marketing research though, ha. Don't they know us by now? We get to the bottom of everything! #btundercover

Definitely Obsessed! 🙂

Obsessed

Rebel reminds me of the Mac shade of Rebel.

Fiery makes me think of red.

obsessed!

I would choose A, obsessed. Options B and C seem like they would be more suitable for a red shade of lipstick, in my opinion!

i would have to go with A. It is a lovely shade, I may have to try it (hopefullly it isn't as perfumed as their other lip products)

1 Reply
testing