cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Name Estée Lauder's Newest Lipstick Shade

BeautyTalk_Estee_Lauder_name_that_shade.jpg

BeautyTalkers, we want to hear from you! Estée Lauder asked us to help name their newest Pure Color Envy Shine lipstick shade, coming to Sephora in February. What's your vote? Post it in the thread below by Friday, January 23.

Re: Name Estée Lauder's Newest Lipstick Shade

Where have you been?  It seems like I haven't seen you in forever.  Hello there.

I would say 'Innocence', but if I have to pick A,B or C I'd pick Obsessed, although none of the choices seem to fit the color.

Sorry, all those choices are so.... wrong. I'd have to think on this but the color is so NOT obsessed, fiery or rebel. It's a subtle and refined color.

First thing that came to mind -- which can likely be bettered by someone else:

One Petal Shy

Rosa Tentacion

Rosa Paraiso

Primavera Rosa

But if anything. 

A. Obsessed. 

Although like some said, these names don't really fit the shade. 

Hmm, I don't think any of these names fit the color.  Some suggestions:  Ring around the Rosie,  Catty, Polished

Lol, I agree.  That's the softest peach shade.  It's neither fiery nor rebellious.  Out of those three choices "obsessed" is the only thing that's passable.

Obsessed. Although i would prefer something more along the lines of soft rose, peony, or perfect pink.

Obsessed

Obsessed. The other two names bring to mind reds or exotic shades.

Obsessed = how I feel about EL

I thought about you when I first saw the lipstick, because it kind of reminds me of one you wear.  Glad you popped in.  We've missed you here.

I couldn't agree more with everyone. Obsessed it is. Although I really like the above write-ins of "Innocent"

My vote goes to Obsessed as well. This lipstick shade is not fiery or rebellious in any way. I do think there are better names out there. There are some nice ones mentioned in this thread as well. Actually, I agree with all of the write in options mentioned so far.

Let's just name it "none of the above." Because that's what it is. It makes me wonder if they just write down words and when they're ready to name something they pull from a hat.

Obsessed is the most fitting name out of the three, but it's not that great.

Since its such a natural pink color i guess Obsessed 

Can I add a write-in? My vote is for Fiery Rebel, combining two clearly fitting shade names into something perfect. Slam dunk.

I almost wrote this exact thing to call it Fiery Rebel, because then it would make sense.  The fact that someone thinks like I do is funny and a little scary.  

upload_1164531281199419738.gif

Ugh. All those names stink. Here are some suggestions! 

1. Petal

2. Flushed

3. Girlie

4. Posey 

You need something soft and feminine sounding, not hard and rebellious sounding. Calling a lipstick "fiery" when it's obviously not is silly. Calling it "rebel" is not smart since there's already an amazing lipstick that's snagged that name now and forever. And "obsessed" is blah, and UD has a pink lipstick in a similar color called Obsessed. 

Love this! I agree, I'm wearing Rebel lipglass from the famous Cosmetics company  ha ha and it's NOT pink so these choices are a little off.

testing