Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Marvelous Moxie in Maverick dupe?

I really want to try Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in the color Maverick, but it's always sold out everywhere I go. Is there something else that's considered a dupe?

Re: Marvelous Moxie in Maverick dupe?

Hi, Charlestongal!

Here are some images of Maverick that I'm using to reference for dupes:

Image result for Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie maverick

The swatch images showcase a very deep, almost bronze/brown-toned brick red color with some shimmer but the application shows it going on far more sheer. 

If you're up for something more highly pigmented in the color pay off but in the same color family, try Smashbox's liquid metallic lipsticks in Brains N' Bronze, the formula is a rich liquid lipstick that doesn't dry down (so it's more of a lip lacquer that yields full color with shine, but is longer wearing than a traditional lip gloss).

User k617 has provided the below image in the swatch thread (shade is on far right):

Image result for smashbox brains and bronze

Here's beauty blogger Temptalia's image:

If you're not wanting something as metallic, but still want something fuller in color, try Anastasia's Warm Bronze Lip Gloss, which has a touch of shimmer but isn't as dramatic as the Smashbox:

Image result for anastasia warm bronze lip gloss

If you're wanting to stick with glosses that are more sheer and apply like the Moxie shade, try the Buxom lipglosses in either Hannah (golden cranberry), Jacqueline (bronzed delight), or Grace (wild rosewood). Some of these shades are show out of stock online, but please utilize the in-store feature to see if they may be available at a Sephora near you!:

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_0444.JPG
testing