cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

Long-lasting Wedding Day Lip?

Hi all. I am looking for recommendations for a liquid lipstick for my wedding day that is long-wearing and looks good with my fair skin, brown hair with blonde highlights, and brown eyes. My lips have very little natural color, just have a slight pink tint. 

I am looking for maybe a pinky-nude, not something too orange or brown. I've heard Kat Von D liquid lipsticks are very long-wearing but all of the colors seem a little wild.

Pinky-Nude lip:

wedding.jpg

My natural Lip color (My hair is a little darker now):

Natural lip.jpg

Re: Long-lasting Wedding Day Lip?

Kylie jenner matte liquid lipsticks seriously stay on alll day for me. They may be expensive but they're soo good. Its worth the money and its worth the hype.

Huda! they are moist enough to work with but when they dr...

Huda! they are moist enough to work with but when they dry, great staying power. congratulations on the wedding.

Have you tried the sephora lipstains or liquid lipsticks now that they added a bunch of new colors? Super comfortable and long lasting especially with a lip liner underneath.

Anonymous Insider

I have one in Pink Souffle and I really like it! It is just too bright of pink for me. I was looking for what color to get next but it is hard to tell from swatches online...

Stila's liquid lip in Patina is a fave. Then I put some Lipstick Queen in Nude Metal just in the center of the lip. Brings a nice shimmer without being overwhelming. 

Pic you don't want to do liquid, I love urban Decay's vice lipstick. Lovely range and long lasting. Can beat the price point. 

This hasn't been mentioned here yet, but I highly recommend the Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks...they stay in FOREVER and aren't as drying as most other liquid lipsticks I've work (and I'm a liquid lipstick hoarder). There's a lot of more natural colors, but we're similarly-completed and I've found that Muse, Trophy Wife, and Bombshells are all especially flattering.

http://www.sephora.com/huda-beauty-liquid-matte-lipstick-P411320?skuId=1860824&icid2=huda_beauty_lp_...

Not a liquid lipstick, but when I got married (14 years ago!) I used a YSL lip marker/stain with a Stila gloss on top. That way I only had to touch up the gloss once or twice, but the stain stayed throughout the wedding and reception.

Congratulations!! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! That is a great idea to use a stain with a gloss on top. Do you have any color recommendations? 

Chanel's Double Intensite lip stains are amazing and have great lasting power.  I did my sister's makeup for her wedding and the lip color held through drinks and food without fading.  They do have some bright and bold colors, but Darling Pink in their line looks similar to the color in the picture. 

Make Up For Ever has their lipsticks too that you might also want to look into.  Once the gloss is on, their lip color is ON.  Tested the red color on my husband and he was pleasantly surprised to find the color did not transfer to him.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much! For the Make Up For Ever lipsticks are you referring to the liquid lipsticks or regular ones with a gloss on top??

Hi MrsStarkey, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I love the Tarte Lip Paints too. I recently got Festival, which is part of their new collection. It's a nice nude pink. I'm pretty fair and it just gives a slight mauve tint. If you want it lighter and pinker, I'd recommend checking out Salty. 

Anonymous Insider

Festival looks like a BEAUTIFUL color! I will definitely have to check that one out!

Congratulations, @Anonymous! That's very exciting 🙂 

Kat Von D makes my favourite liquid lipsticks, but I'm fairly picky about liquid lipsticks (I don't really love them- they're usually too dry for me). I also find that liquid lipsticks tend to dry a bit darker in shade than they are in the tube on me (with fair skin) so keep that in mind and try the shades out if you can get to a store.

But yes, a lot of the shades are darker. I would suggest you look at either Melancholia or Lovesick and see if either of those might work for you - they are both a little pinker than what I would call a true nude shade, but I find that lots of the Kat Von D shades run too peachy/beige on me. 

I also have a few liquid lipsticks from Anastasia Beverly Hills that I like; although I haven't found the formula to be quite as consistent as KVD (the lighter shades are a little trickier to apply evenly on me). There are lots of nude shades but again, I find most to be fairly peachy or beige. Maybe Lovely for a pink option?

http://www.sephora.com/liquid-lipstick-P404831?skuId=1790724&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap404831 

Or possibly Dolce depending on how it looks on you - It's peachier on me than others, but a pretty shade! 

Stila has a couple new shades out for spring, there's Perla (looks like a fairly mauve nude) and Angelo (little bit peachier)

http://www.sephora.com/stay-all-day-liquid-lipstick-P374936?skuId=1905462&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap374936

I haven't tried this formula from BareMinerals but it appears to have a number of various shades in the nude range - I'd probably start with Wink, Kissyface, or Smooch

http://www.sephora.com/gen-nude-matte-liquid-lipcolor-P410249?skuId=1845577&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap410249

Anonymous Insider

Also - do you have a blush recommendation for fair skin as well? 

Anonymous Insider

THANK YOU! Your suggestions are very appreciated!! Have you tried the Stila liquid lips before? 

@Anonymous I have tried Stila! It is one of the better formulas I have tried 🙂 

As for blush, I typically prefer powder blushes with light shimmer - I think the shimmer just adds the slightest bit of glow (but nothing too glittery!) 

I personally loved the old formula Tom Ford blushes (haven't tried the new formula) particularly Love Lust, Frantic Pink, and Wicked - but they're definitely on the pricier end. 

I think this Silk and Bloom blush from Burberry is a really lovely pinky plum

http://www.sephora.com/silk-bloom-blush-palette-P418228?skuId=1928357&icid2=products%20grid:p418228

surratt has some really nice luminous blushes - I particularly like Barbe a Papa and Cherubique

Becca Gypsy is one of my all-time favourite blushes although it's a bit harder to find.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you!! I definitely prefer powder, I am not good with cream products! This Burberry one looks lovely but it is at the higher end of my budget. 

I might give the Surratt one a try and I've heard good things about the NARS blushes. Thoughts?

Thanks again you have been so helpful!

@Anonymous I have some blushes from NARS and they are nice, but admittedly not some of my favourites. I know others love them, so I'd say they are worth looking into for you in case your taste differs from mine 🙂

I thought of another suggestion - these Hourglass blushes are very nice

http://www.sephora.com/ambient-lighting-blush-P384963?skuId=1581297&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap384963

Pretty without being TOO intense. 

I definitely agree with the suggestion of the Hourglass blushes. Incandescent Electra is my go-to blush. It looks amazing on fair skin. 

For Nars blushes, my favorites are: Deep Throat, Sin, and Dolce Vita (with a very light hand).

Also, congratulations on the upcoming wedding! @Anonymous 

Anonymous Insider

THANK YOU!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos2
  • wedding.jpg
  • Natural lip.jpg