roxystar4

Little bumps on my Lips

So I have tried a few new lipcolors over the past few days (one lipstick, one lip liner and one lipgloss).  Last night I noticed I had some hard, white bumps on my lips (about 4 or 5 of them) that JUST showed up within 48 hours. They were about the size of small acne bumps, not itchy, just bumpy feeling and my lips were SUPER dry.  I have never had this before.  So I popped them and they are gone & have not spread- whew! I have been just using a tried and true natural lip butter since.

Has anyone else ever had this reaction to lipstick, gloss or lipliner. If so, which ones? 

I think it was/is an allergic reaction.  Now the fun task of finding out which of the three is the culprit. :smileysad:

triciaann12

Re: Little bumps on my Lips

[ Edited ]

-----

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

it doesnt say anything in the product description on Revlon's website.  Just so weird! The bumps went away and then a week later when I used it again all the skin peeled off my lips. (not all of it) but it peeled off to the point they were raw, red and very very sensitive.

artist555

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Wear only natural lip colors.

Majority of lip products are full of chemicals.

I would say it was your lipstick.

Best to check the ingredients of products.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i used to only wear natural products (100% Pure, Alima Pure, and other items that ewg.org deemed safer- like things you can get at whole foods). But I have been branching out the past 4-5 months and def had a reaction to Revlon lipstick BUT the revlon naked foundation makes me break out less than my pure foundations... So I am going to keep trying.

I bought some Origins Lipstick 2 days ago and am going to give that a go.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Ok, so I think two of the products are causing issues. One of them is just BAD. I used the revlon last night and I woke up with super sensitive lips. The skin is super raw and it peeled off so much that I had to wear triple antibiotic ointment on my lips for part of the day (i wore a natural lip balm the other 1/2). Even my fav SA at Sephora was like "what happened to your lips?!"  Sad sad. I will be returning revlon for SURE.  

drrragon

wha---?  that's terrible!  which revlon product was it?  please don't say a lip butter!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

super lustrous. bad bad (for me anyways)

I also think I am having issues with the LORAC trendsetter gloss (i am sad about this cause I really like the color)

beautylovingirl

@Roxystar4- Oh that is weird,hope they don't come back.

roxystar4

thanks! yeah I hope not either. I thought maybe my lips were really dry and needed to be exfoliated... but then I looked closer and ICK.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Right I meant like if you fold your bottom lip down a little you can see them.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

no, they are visible when I pull my lips tight.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@roxystar4- Were they inside your mouth like on the inner part of your lips?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

no, not inside my mouth. inside my lips. :smileysad: did not like it at all

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

yes my bumps were on the inside of my lips (not around them).  Yeah super bummed. I am going to try to single out which one is doing this and see if I can return it.

dianabt

I've had that happen due to using SUPER glossy or too heavy lip colors. Usually when I use a glossy-stick or glossy line and if it bleeds outside the lips. It could be an isolate incident but just keep track if it happens again then discontinue use!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

I've gotten some little bumps on the inside of my lip, they weren't white, but some clear fluid came out while extracting.  I've found this only happens if I combine my Dior lip gloss with Givenchy lipstick, if I use Buxom over it I didn't have a  problem, thinking there may have been a small chemical reaction my lips didn't like :smileysad:  All in all, try using some of your lip things for consecutive days and see what happens, it'll be a lot more likely you'll find the culprit!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • drrragon
    • triciaann12
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • MoreGun89