Lipstick swap for sensitive lips

roxystar4

Lipstick swap for sensitive lips

[ Edited ]

I posted about a week ago about how Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick literally peeled the skin off my lips. I LOVE the color but I just cannot wear that brand of lipstick anymore.  I am looking for a little help with finding a similar color in a brand that is better about being good for sensitive lips.

The color I like it called Primrose (third color from the left).  6856994305_3a7771c034_z.jpg

(this image is from sleepandwater.blogspot ).

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

This is pretty accurate for the color they turned my lips (this image is not mine)

I was thinking maybe Too Faced La Creme Naked Dolly? (this is what I want for Mothers day) Anyone who is sensitive have a reaction to their products?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

melissabt

Re: Lipstick swap for sensitive lips

Hi Roxystar4!

Since sensitivity to products will differ for each person, it's hard to say how it might work for you. I can tell you I have sensitive lips too! Anything with too much fragrance makes my lips itch or peel. I also found the Bite Luminous Crème Lipstick
Vouvray - ballet pink which I think you might like too. It's actually more of a cooler pink in person and its free of all of these ingredients.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

http://www.sephora.com/luminous-creme-lipstick-P283903?skuId=1321306ballet.jpg

<3 Melissa
emmaclaire

I was just about to suggest this!  I just bought my fist Bite Beauty lipstick and it really is amazing.  It is incredibly pigmented, but also incredibly light and soothing/moisturizing for your lips.  I love lipstick, but it's not always the most comfortable thing to have on. Bite Beauty lipsticks are different - I actually felt more comfortable wearing it than not (or than wearing chapstick or something!)

roxystar4

great to know. I just got a $30 gift card to sephora from my bestie and I am pretty sure Im going to pick this up. 

emmaclaire

Awesome!  Feel free to post a thread with your thoughts and/or swatches if you buy anything!

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i like that Bite doesnt contain a lot of known irritants. thanks for the suggestion!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

No problem! I like them too:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
melissabt

Hi Roxystar4,

That's a pretty cool toned pink shade! Naked Dolly is more of a nude neutral shade with more beige undertones. You might want to try the Sephora Collection Rouge Shine No. 14 Love Spell - Glossy - semi-sheer cool light pink. It has a glossy/hydrating finish.

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Rouge Shine Lipstick

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=lovespell&skuId=1381987&productId=P310714&_...

Smashbox - Be Legendary Lipstick

http://www.sephora.com/be-legendary-lipstick-P304704?skuId=1387133

<3 Melissa
roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

thank you! melissa, are both of these good options for sensitive lips?  

EmilyDoer

(0) Hearts

The same thing happened to me.. ugh..

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire