roxystar4

Lipstick swap for sensitive lips

[ Edited ]

I posted about a week ago about how Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick literally peeled the skin off my lips. I LOVE the color but I just cannot wear that brand of lipstick anymore.  I am looking for a little help with finding a similar color in a brand that is better about being good for sensitive lips.

The color I like it called Primrose (third color from the left).  6856994305_3a7771c034_z.jpg

(this image is from sleepandwater.blogspot ).

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

This is pretty accurate for the color they turned my lips (this image is not mine)

I was thinking maybe Too Faced La Creme Naked Dolly? (this is what I want for Mothers day) Anyone who is sensitive have a reaction to their products?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

roxystar4

Re: Lipstick swap for sensitive lips

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

So I tried another drugstore brand of lipstick- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Baby Pink.

1230.jpg

I had another reaction :smileysad:  After using it only 2 times, my lips are so dry and cracked (I used this with a lip balm I use all the time- Badger)  More peeling too. and they just plain hurt!

So far the only drugstore option I can wear is Rimmel Moisture Renew.

Im going to try the Bite Beauty in vouvray for my next online order.  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

No I understand you want to make sure it's gonna work for you before you get it. Just trying to give you more options:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

the only sephora near me is JCP and they dont have YSL. I dont mind splurging once in a while and buying online, I just would hate for it to cause a reaction and I would have to return it :smileysad:

beautylovingirl

It's just the packaging they come in they are so pretty. But really YSL lipsticks are really good and Dior Addict lipsticks also might be great for you to look at because they are really moisturizing.

roxystar4

I have heard great things about Dior and Chanel.  I havent tried either of their lip products.  I just dont want another rehash of the revlon issue with a $30+ lipstick

beautylovingirl

No the stains aren't drying to me and I have dry lips. I love them!

roxystar4

they look so posh. i added it to my shopping list (kind of a wish list). 

Oh, also, I dont think Im going to get Too Faced Naked Dolly for Mother's day. My husband hasnt even thought about it (so busy with work).  Oh well... Im more into the pinky pinks right now anyway so maybe I will get a gift card from him?

beautylovingirl

OK seriously this not being able to edit is making me mad! Anyway I meant to say the primrose color looks like my lip stain.

beautylovingirl

That pink color to me looks like my YSL lipstain in #19 . Just leaving you another option.:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

ohhh, thanks! I have heard that stains are drying though (im trying to go with gentle and moisture). What are your thoughts beautylovingirl?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I just bought Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in 220 Pink Chic. It looks similar & I read on Temptalia's blog that people really liked it/think it is moisturizing. I just dont want it to react like the Revlon on my lips. Does anyone have experience with this brand and make of lipstick?

Thanks!

sephoramusthave

roxystar4---I have that lipstick and I keep it in my purse at all times for touch ups! I love Rimmel London, its hands down my absolute favorite drugstore line, I've never been disappointed with anything from this brand. The pink chic color is gorgeous, and its fully opaque/full coverage, not drying at all and lasts for hours and hours.

roxystar4

0-6.jpeg

It looks more of a berry color than a pink pink (like the Love Spell or Pout) - to me anyway..

roxystar4

sephoramusthave, i was so scared to use another drugstore brand after what happened with Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick.  I have two of the Revlon Lipglosses from over a year ago and I dont have a reaction to those so I was so surprised that my lips broke out & peeled (it also created patchy sore-like things on my top lip- once I stopped using it, the sores went away and have not come back- thank goodness!). not. a. fan.

but I was talked into trying another drugstore lippie by the ladies over on temptalia.  I just opened it after reading your post and put it on.  (crossing my fingers that it will be a good product for my sensitive lips). :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I hope it works for you! Rimmel London and burts bees lip shimmers are the *only* drugstore lipsticks that I am willing to spend money on. I tried a Revlon lipstick ages ago but it was soooo drying that I couldn't handle having it on. >_<

melissabt

Ok no problem! You can also try doing a google search for the shade to see what images pull up:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
roxystar4

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy: 

melissabt

Yay! I'm glad you got to swatch them:smileyhappy: From what I know neither one really specifies that they are ideal for sensitive skin:smileysad: I know that some people might find fragrance as an issue in some lipsticks and everyone might have different results! I would say Vouvray is more like Loves Spell.

<3 Melissa
roxystar4

(0) Hearts

ok thanks!! I may just have to order it online :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i went to sephora and swatched the colors you mentioned @melissaBT - big fan of pout & love spell. Do you know which of the two is known to be better for sensitive lips?

Also, the Bite lipcolors at my local sephora store did not include vouvray :smileysad:  Is it really close (color wise) to the pout or love spell?

Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • melissabt
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl