Lipstick Queen: Let them eat cake

Quickly ladies, I need to be diffused. I want this lipstick badly, but its $45. Somebody tell me a really good dupe and/or talk me out of buying.Pic: Temptaliaupload_5805545151529636201.jpg

Re: Lipstick Queen: Let them eat cake

(0) Hearts

Top off my head - perhaps Revlon Gentlemen Prefer Pink and WetnWild Pink Ice/Glace Rose?

(0) Hearts

Which lipstick is it? 

(0) Hearts

This is Lipstick Queen, Let Them Eat Cake.

[ Edited ]

Has anyone bought anything from Lipstick Queen?  I've seen their stuff at Ulta but I've had no interest in it.  To me, the brand just isn't well-known enough to command that kind of a price tag.  Honestly, I don't think any lipstick is worth more than $35, and that is pushing it IMO.  

I'd love to hear what people's thoughts are on Lipstick Queen lipsticks if you own them.

This is MUFE N23 -- the second from the left, which I think might be a good dupe:

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 8.27.15 PM.png

[ Edited ]

I love Lipstick Queen and agree with the others that Jean Queen is lovely.  If I am not on a lipstick no buy when a 20% sale hits Ulta, I will scoop this beauty up for $36!  At $45, I would have to get an out of this world GWP to buy it.  

I have been in love with this lipstick since the first day she posted this over a year ago, so I will celebrate the day I finally buy this.

I have 3 Lipstick Queen lipsticks: Hello Sailor, Jean Queen, and Let them Eat Cake. I really wanted to hate Let Them Eat Cake because of the price tag but I loved it the minute I put it on and had to buy it.

Hello Sailor and Jean Queen....I love the colors and they feel great on, really soft and smooth. They don't carry the same price tag as Let Them Eat Cake though.

I really like Jean Queen. I have pigmented lips, and the color shows nicely. This is the only lipstick that I've finished 2x. 

(0) Hearts

I want to take a look at YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in 08 Iced Plum (sheer lilac pink with shimmer).  I think it would work well for me as a dupe.  It's still quite expensive, but $34 is better than $45.

http://www.sephora.com/volupte-sheer-candy-glossy-balm-crystal-color-P287104?skuId=1394238

resurrecting this thread to see if anyone out there in BT land has found a dupe, or will I have to shell out 50 bucks? I have looked online and in stores....I must have this color!!!  Enable or disable me!

This lipstick is $45 at Ulta, which is having 16% back on ebates right now.  There's also an Ulta coupon for 20% off one item on the ebates site, which I assume you could use. 

Did that help?  :-)

Unfortunately, that 20 percent off coupon is not eligible for prestige brands of cosmetics, which I think would take Lipstick Queen out of the running.

(0) Hearts

Rats.  Too good to be true, I suppose.  :-(

So it would be $37.80 after the 16% cash back from ebates.  Still expensive, particularly for a lipstick I can't swatch ahead of time.

The too faced melted metallic pink shades look very similar to these pics if you layer it a bit. Maybe the metal metallic shade in peony and the other pinkish shade. I have tu-tu too but it's a bit more coral than a true pink.

(0) Hearts

i have been wanting Tu Tu anyway--thanks! :smileyhappy:

Try Revlon Lip Butter in Cotton Candy. Not 100% dupe, but close enough for me, and the price is good :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

yes, I have that one...it will do, for now! heh heh heh!!! 

Just FYI--if anyone else, like me, is still lusting after this lipstick, it's now available online at Ulta! Yep I ordered it :smileyhappy:)))))

(0) Hearts

I had it in my cart on 10x points day, but my son ended up spending the evening in the hospital.  I forgot to place the order.  If anyone is going to order this now, the $35 and $50 Beauty Breaks are still available.  Do not forget to add them into your cart.  I am refraining for now.  This will be mine at some point.

(0) Hearts

argh--what are the beauty breaks? I have only ordered from / been to Ulta a few times and am not really familiar with them. I hope your son is okay! I will post swatches when it comes in :smileyhappy: 

[ Edited ]

Once a week they offer a 4-6 (mostly 4) hour deal where they give a bonus GWP for ordering at a certain time.  It is usually Wednesday from noon-4pm central, but they extended the hours today.  This is what it was.

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 5.24.06 PM.png

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • tumblr_inline_mvxqjnV3L31qm742j.gif
  • tumblr_mowxpfbSXs1s8njeuo1_500.gif
  • upload_5805545151529636201.jpg
  • muah.jpg
  • download (16).jpg
  • Revlon Porcelain Pink Rose Shine Mauve It Over Lipstick Swatch.JPG
  • upload_2313750212456248263.jpg