Lipstick Queen: Let them eat cake

Quickly ladies, I need to be diffused. I want this lipstick badly, but its $45. Somebody tell me a really good dupe and/or talk me out of buying.Pic: Temptaliaupload_5805545151529636201.jpg

Re: Lipstick Queen: Let them eat cake

Hi Jay -

When I goggled to find the size of the lipstick, I did notice it for sale on the Lipstick Queen website. (Yes! More enabling!)

It is exclusively at Barney's New York.

Maybe it may come out elsewhere in the future.

[ Edited ]

Oh My Stars!!!

Today is your Birthday ~ Happy Birthday to ya'!!

I hope you have a Wonderful Birthday - well you said it's your Birthday Weekend, so that's close enough.

In light of this new information, please disregard almost Everything I said in the message I posted a little while ago.

Go For It!!! Or maybe you'll get some kind of gift card for your B'day that you can use to purchase it with, even better!

Happy Birthday! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the kind thoughts kssweetheart Smiley Happy

I bought the lipstick and gave myself the birthday excuse Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

YES!!!! I hope you absolutely Love it!! 

You deserve to do something nice for yourself on your B'day weekend. Hope it's a special Birthday and that you have tons of fun. Smiley Happy

(and presents) Smiley Tongue

I will add my 2 cents' worth...i have the CLinique bamboo pink, it is gorgeous. also, there is a bamboo pink lipgloss, and it is much more of a sheer pink shimmer like the LTEC  pictured.  You guys are making me want pretty much all of these colors, now!  I do agree that you could very likely spend 45 dollars trying to find the duplicate. how long does a lipstick last you? i have never, ever, e.v.e.r used up a lipstick and repurchased it. ever. i just don't use them that much. so, 45 dollars for me would be a once in a lifetime thing ( for that color anyway) it isnt like you would go through one a month...so, maybe you could justify it? the  other colors look amazin, though... I like them all now! Smiley Happy 

(0) Hearts

Oh man, I was gonna say Bamboo Pink, too! 

Sometimes Bamboo Pink would be a little too light for my liking, so I would add a dab of fuchsia lipstick to the center of my lips, and then blend Bamboo Pink over it. This technique really reminds me of Let Them Eat Cake!

[ Edited ]

I really love the color that *weeeweeeee* recommended, and since it's Clinique, it's a more affordable option. You could get that and mix/blend/layer it with some other colors you may already have in order to get as close to this color as possible. 

It may help keep you from feeling the strong desire and dread that comes along with the color and price. Or with the money you saved on not buying the $45.00 one, you could buy another less expensive option to mix with it, or you could get something entirely different in the event you can already get the right 'mix' with what you currently own.

This is, however, coming from the girl who is known for mixing/blending/layering 4-5 different lipsticks in order to get just the right shade - and of course they have to be layered in a certain order - it's a process. Smiley Tongue

You might find that you have a lot of fun trying to mix and find the precise color you desire, or might mix one that you love even more - all that without the buyers remorse. Yes!!!

I hope you'll come back and let us know how this worked out for you and what you ended up going with. Best of luck. Smiley Happy

On the other hand......it is Reaaaaalyyy beautiful and tempting........

Maybe you can find it somewhere where you can get a great deal, points, perks, or a bonus gift, that would make it hurt a little less. Smiley Happy Hope you'll keep us posted, I really would like to know how this works out.

MAC Pervette is the first thing that comes to mind, it looks like that on me! (NC20-25, moderately pigmented lips)

Here are some blogger pics: upload_2313750212456248263.jpg upload_8455222467294012036.jpg

that looks very similar!  I kind of snapped about two hours ago and bought the LQ lipstick. Maybe I should get this too... Smiley Happy

Heheh maybe Smiley Tongue Its got a smidge of lavender duochrome to it, that's what drew me to it. I normally wear corals and warm tones, but this one just caught my eye, I had to have it

So pretty...! 

[ Edited ]

That is GORGEOUS!!! I don't wear lipstick and I want it!

tumblr_mowxpfbSXs1s8njeuo1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mvxqjnV3L31qm742j.gif

Honestly, those two gifs are perfect for everything. I'm going to use them forever Smiley Very Happy

agreed.  your go-to, HG gifs!

[ Edited ]

I think a really good drugstore dupe for this might be Revlon's Rose and Shine. It's a pearl finish, and probably two coats will get you the same color. It's one of my favorites. 

Revlon Porcelain Pink Rose Shine Mauve It Over Lipstick Swatch.JPG

It's the first one on the far left. Rose & Shine! 

[ Edited ]

I did the math - a 0.12 oz of lipstick will yield you about 425 applications.  At $45 a tube, that's only $0.10 per application.  Even if you touched up your lipstick five times a day, that's only $0.50 a day! How can you NOT spend $0.50 a day on something you love and will use? You HAVE TO get it!

I love that you have a formula for how many applications one can get based on the size of the product.  Beauty and brains, huh?  Makes perfect sense too.

I hope you will use this formula to get yourself more LQ lipsticks - I know you love them and they look so pretty on you!

Thanks. I will be buying a lot more. This is my favorite lipstick brand. And, I love this color too. 

Quixotic - there is now no doubt in my mind that we are 'kindred spirits'. I've yet to meet my match when it comes to justifying any and all purchases, but I feel I now need to bow at your feet repeating the words "I'm not Worthy, I'm not Worthy..." Smiley Tongue

I want to be you. Smiley Happy You are a Goddess!!

I would happily be the Garth to your Wayne! Let's enable together!

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • tumblr_inline_mvxqjnV3L31qm742j.gif
  • tumblr_mowxpfbSXs1s8njeuo1_500.gif
  • upload_5805545151529636201.jpg
  • muah.jpg
  • download (16).jpg
  • Revlon Porcelain Pink Rose Shine Mauve It Over Lipstick Swatch.JPG
  • upload_2313750212456248263.jpg
  • upload_8455222467294012036.jpg
  • download (22).jpg
  • upload_443635314252674108.jpg