Lipstick Queen: Let them eat cake

Quickly ladies, I need to be diffused. I want this lipstick badly, but its $45. Somebody tell me a really good dupe and/or talk me out of buying.Pic: Temptaliaupload_5805545151529636201.jpg

Re: Lipstick Queen: Let them eat cake

It looks amazing.  Great purchase.  Glad no one talked you out of it.

I'm tempted by it, but what's holding me back is that I don't much like Clinique's Bamboo Pink. I think LTEC looks different enough to be possibly more flattering on me, but I wish I could see it in person before splurging!

Whah? You don't have Barney's in your neighborhood???? Don't they have one on every corner? lol

L O L

I wish. All my tears!

I found a good lipstick dupe! It has slightly less sparkle though.

Smashbox Be Legendary Pretty Social - light lavender pink

pretty social.jpg

<3 Melissa

ooooh I might try that too :smileyhappy: Thanks Melissa

[ Edited ]

A really close dupe but perhaps? slightly more lavender/cooler (a good thing in my opinion) is Clinique Heather Moon -- and it's only $15!  It's more frost/subtle shimmer than "metallic" microglitter (which seems like LTEC might be to me).

I think that large pic on top from Temptalia is really warm compared to other LQ LTEC reviews I've seen, but I could be wrong.  She does do great reviews and pics!

I think it might read a little warm on Temptalia because she has very warm peachy lips underneath and it's not a mega opaque color to hide that.

Here is Heather Moon:

upload_443635314252674108.jpg

Here is LQ LTEC in a review I read that calls it a "lilac" shade, cool toned lip but with gold (warm) shimmer, so very layered/perhaps versatile:
upload_1765379178742383194.jpg

What I normally do in these cases is go and see it for myself. If you are just me-eh about it when you swatch it, pass on it and get a dupe. If you absolutely love it, then it's worth the money!

Possible dupe: I own Nars "sexual healing" (I hope that doesn't get bleeped). It is very similar but less pink. Sephora sells it $26.

upload_3275778029149731485.jpg

Is this at Ulta or the Lipstick queen site??

Hi Jay -

When I goggled to find the size of the lipstick, I did notice it for sale on the Lipstick Queen website. (Yes! More enabling!)

It is exclusively at Barney's New York.

Maybe it may come out elsewhere in the future.

[ Edited ]

Oh My Stars!!!

Today is your Birthday ~ Happy Birthday to ya'!!

I hope you have a Wonderful Birthday - well you said it's your Birthday Weekend, so that's close enough.

In light of this new information, please disregard almost Everything I said in the message I posted a little while ago.

Go For It!!! Or maybe you'll get some kind of gift card for your B'day that you can use to purchase it with, even better!

Happy Birthday! :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the kind thoughts kssweetheart :smileyhappy:

I bought the lipstick and gave myself the birthday excuse :smileyhappy:

[ Edited ]

YES!!!! I hope you absolutely Love it!! 

You deserve to do something nice for yourself on your B'day weekend. Hope it's a special Birthday and that you have tons of fun. :smileyhappy:

(and presents) :smileytongue:

I will add my 2 cents' worth...i have the CLinique bamboo pink, it is gorgeous. also, there is a bamboo pink lipgloss, and it is much more of a sheer pink shimmer like the LTEC  pictured.  You guys are making me want pretty much all of these colors, now!  I do agree that you could very likely spend 45 dollars trying to find the duplicate. how long does a lipstick last you? i have never, ever, e.v.e.r used up a lipstick and repurchased it. ever. i just don't use them that much. so, 45 dollars for me would be a once in a lifetime thing ( for that color anyway) it isnt like you would go through one a month...so, maybe you could justify it? the  other colors look amazin, though... I like them all now! :smileyhappy: 

(0) Hearts

Oh man, I was gonna say Bamboo Pink, too! 

Sometimes Bamboo Pink would be a little too light for my liking, so I would add a dab of fuchsia lipstick to the center of my lips, and then blend Bamboo Pink over it. This technique really reminds me of Let Them Eat Cake!

[ Edited ]

I really love the color that *weeeweeeee* recommended, and since it's Clinique, it's a more affordable option. You could get that and mix/blend/layer it with some other colors you may already have in order to get as close to this color as possible. 

It may help keep you from feeling the strong desire and dread that comes along with the color and price. Or with the money you saved on not buying the $45.00 one, you could buy another less expensive option to mix with it, or you could get something entirely different in the event you can already get the right 'mix' with what you currently own.

This is, however, coming from the girl who is known for mixing/blending/layering 4-5 different lipsticks in order to get just the right shade - and of course they have to be layered in a certain order - it's a process. :smileytongue:

You might find that you have a lot of fun trying to mix and find the precise color you desire, or might mix one that you love even more - all that without the buyers remorse. Yes!!!

I hope you'll come back and let us know how this worked out for you and what you ended up going with. Best of luck. :smileyhappy:

On the other hand......it is Reaaaaalyyy beautiful and tempting........

Maybe you can find it somewhere where you can get a great deal, points, perks, or a bonus gift, that would make it hurt a little less. :smileyhappy: Hope you'll keep us posted, I really would like to know how this works out.

MAC Pervette is the first thing that comes to mind, it looks like that on me! (NC20-25, moderately pigmented lips)

Here are some blogger pics: upload_2313750212456248263.jpg upload_8455222467294012036.jpg

that looks very similar!  I kind of snapped about two hours ago and bought the LQ lipstick. Maybe I should get this too... :smileyhappy:

Heheh maybe :smileytongue: Its got a smidge of lavender duochrome to it, that's what drew me to it. I normally wear corals and warm tones, but this one just caught my eye, I had to have it

So pretty...! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • tumblr_inline_mvxqjnV3L31qm742j.gif
  • tumblr_mowxpfbSXs1s8njeuo1_500.gif
  • upload_5805545151529636201.jpg
  • muah.jpg
  • download (16).jpg
  • Revlon Porcelain Pink Rose Shine Mauve It Over Lipstick Swatch.JPG