Lipstick Playground

Lipstick Playground

[ Edited ]

Hello there my fellow lipstick junkies!

This thread is a playground for all lipstick junkies out there. A place where we can share anything about our darlings. Because... c'mon! We need our personal space to play, right? Smiley Wink Please, feel free to share anything and everything about your lovelies: hand/lip swatches, your staples, must haves, loved ones, not so loved ones, "fails", nasty lil buggers, lipstick of the day, new acquisitions, old flames, experiments, creative stuff, thoughts on lippies, challenges... lots and lots of photos, of course... You get the picture...  "Anything goes!" ( to quote our lovely DiVWA ) Smiley Happy

Post, share, discus, and the most important thing - have fun!

I declare our lippie playground officially open! Smiley Happy

upload_6379308209478391538.jpg

Lippie junkies united!!! Smiley Wink

New, Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Spring-2017-Lipstick-Challenge/td-p/2733982

Re: Lipstick Playground

I really really like it. Doesn't look too orange at all to me.

Such a gorgeous shade on you!

Whoa! Now, that's a gorgeous red on you! Absolutely stunning. Well, I'd say you wear orange-based shades quite well yourself, missy. Smiley Wink 

Yep. Liquid lipsticks are a pain to apply for me, too. I hate them, and love them, at the same time ( I hate application, but love everything else about them ( usually they're long wearing, and I'm a sucker for those! ) ). Most of the time I avoid them because of that lil detail. Ain't nobody got time fo dat! Smiley Tongue 

Thanks Lyra. Do you happen to know a good match for this that isn't a liquid lipstick? I'd prefer this color in a bullet. Maybe Besame Red Hot Red as Anne mentioned.

[ Edited ]

How about NARS Audacious Carmen?

upload_5586047608141819346.jpg

( beautybycarmz )

upload_3874072529525733547.jpg

( bubblymichelle )

Gotta run, but there may be something else, too.... Later. Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]

Maybe even Rita?

upload_6179517099013610949.jpg

Maybe some of these?

Tom Ford's Ruby Rush? But, I think it's not as orange based.

upload_7310547873378157798.jpg

Besame:

upload_2385706040440930842.jpg

I ( personally ) would go with Carmen. Smiley Wink But, that's just me.

[ Edited ]

Thanks Lyra. I will have to look into these. I just read Temptalia's review of #400 and she says that #400 is a blue-based red. I could have sworn I saw some orange in it and on me. Weird.

I appreciate the effort you put into researching and pulling together swatches.

[ Edited ]

No problem. Smiley Happy

I thought it looked "blue" on you, as well. But, I know how photos are sometimes deceiving and not true to the real deal ( lighting, shades, this, that ), so I went with your description. If it is really blue, I think there are even more options out there.

Now that you say it is blue, I'd recommend Ruby Woo... But, I don't think you'd like the formula. It's a metro rat. Smiley Wink

upload_50420908064011291.jpg

Check TF Ruby Rush, Cherry Lush, NARS Dragon Girl, MAC Russian Red and MAC Red, Besame Red as it looks "bluer" than Red Hot Red. If something else pop up in mind, will let you know. 

Anyway... Now I need Carmen!!!

If only I looked as beautiful with wet hair, no makeup and a lipstick color that I thought was too warm Smiley Happy

I really like this shade on you! I think this is a fun punch of colour that brightens up your whole face Smiley Happy

What?? No way, this is soooooo pretty!! One of my favorites I've seen on you. 

This is my favourite red on you yet!

(0) Hearts

Really? Hmmm..... well thanks GC. Maybe I need to rethink some of the reds that I've been ignoring....

This reminds me of Besame Red Hot Red; so bright & fun!

Thanks! That color wasn't on my Besame list because I thought it was too warm/orange.

This looks marvelous on you, it is nice and contrasty. From the looks of it I think you were spot on with your bow. They never really dry if they have no or little silicone in the formula to become matte.

Thanks SQ. I've missed seeing you around--hope all is well. (Maybe I haven't been on the same threads as you lately.) I hadn't thought about the contrast aspect. I know I can't go too orange as that's just odd looking, although I can wear orange blush. That's good to know about this formula not really drying. I accidentally brushed my hand against my lips and it got stained! I'll have to make sure my cat doesn't accidentally run her tail near my lips--she did that the other day and got some lipstick on her tail. LOL This one would be much messier to remove!

Upswings in personal and work life have me being very careful, but I couldn't leave behind the what's new thread where I spend my time to do the most good.

Look who arrived today in the mail!  I had to try him on immediately Smiley Wink

image1.JPG

(0) Hearts

Hello, Guillermo.

It looks amazing! Glad you are giving him a good home!!

I wish TF would make it permanent. I have never loved a lipstick so much....lol.