Lipstick Playground

[ Edited ]

Hello there my fellow lipstick junkies!

This thread is a playground for all lipstick junkies out there. A place where we can share anything about our darlings. Because... c'mon! We need our personal space to play, right? Smiley Wink Please, feel free to share anything and everything about your lovelies: hand/lip swatches, your staples, must haves, loved ones, not so loved ones, "fails", nasty lil buggers, lipstick of the day, new acquisitions, old flames, experiments, creative stuff, thoughts on lippies, challenges... lots and lots of photos, of course... You get the picture...  "Anything goes!" ( to quote our lovely DiVWA ) Smiley Happy

Post, share, discus, and the most important thing - have fun!

I declare our lippie playground officially open! Smiley Happy

upload_6379308209478391538.jpg

Lippie junkies united!!! Smiley Wink

New, Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Spring-2017-Lipstick-Challenge/td-p/2733982

Re: Lipstick Playground

[ Edited ]

Finally wore NARS Vera that I got in a trade recently Smiley Happy

IMG_8364.JPG

And from a while ago, forgot to post this one. Burberry Lip Mist in Oxblood:

IMG_8062.JPG

And I went to the Berkeley Rose Gardens yesterday for my bday, here are some pics for those interested Smiley Very Happy This reminds me, GC, I need to PM you and let you know more about places to visit when you come to the Bay Area Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Photo Jun 03, 1 58 56 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 03, 2 04 24 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 03, 2 05 48 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 03, 2 09 51 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 03, 2 41 21 PM.jpg

(0) Hearts

Hey MK89, those colors look great on you! I especially love the Burberry Mist. I've never seen this in stores before. Is this a lipstick or lip gloss? And would you say it's hydrating enough for you? I have dry lips all the time..

(0) Hearts

Vera looks fantastic on you! <3 

(And happy belated birthday!) Smiley Happy

The Japanese tea gardens in sf are one of my favorite spots. 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi, MK!  Both colors look great on you!  You also have very pretty eyes.  Wow, the rose garden is gorgeous--I'm definitely envious!

(0) Hearts

Love both, but that top one is amazing!

(0) Hearts

Nice! You make me want to take my birthday off frm work and just goof off over there and taking pictures. Smiley Happy Maybe I will drag my hubby there this weekend and also visit the campus. Haven't been there for years Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Both colors look gorgeous on you and I love the garden photos. I can practically smell the flowers!

(0) Hearts

MK, Vera is one of my three favourite Audacious lipsticks!  It is very flattering on you.

Yes please - send me the gardens info.  I will be there in July.

I am a brand new lip junkie to be (in training? LOL) and went to Sephora during my lunch hour to test some Bite lipsticks. Here I am wearing Zin, which I loved. I ended up purchasing the Bite lip pencil in Rhubarb instead because I want a product that I can get away with without wearing liner or primer, and the pencil seemed like it was better for that purpose! 

Depending on on how this lippie addiction progresses I may go back for Zin. 

image.jpg

That is a lovely shade on you!

[ Edited ]

Rhubarb is my go-to color!  When all else fails, I can count on Rhubarb to bail me out.  Smiley Happy

K6, if you end up liking the pencil formula then you should watch out for the lip tin Bite does around November. It is a good way to get multiple colors for a sub $30 price. Last year it was a tin of Cranberry, Rhubarb, Sable, and Winterberry pencils.

Ohhh, thanks for the tip!!

My lipstick today was NARS Bansar.  It goes so well with the new UD blush in Video.

Ok Lippie Junkies. How are you applying your lips? I'm looking for tips defining my darker lippies so they have that wow factor. 

[ Edited ]

Regular exfoliation of your lips is for sure very important, and the first step. It will ensure smoother application of your lippies.  

A lip balm, or a lip primer is my first step in actual application. 

Sometimes I dust a bit of a translucent powder around and on my lip edges. This helps to keep lip liner in place. I usually don't do this lately. I prefer the last step ( you'll see it at the end of my post. ) 

Then I like to line my lips with a lip pen first ( sometimes I use a lip pen as a kind of a base, too, filling my lips in completely with it ). It will serve as kind of a barrier that will stop lipstick from feathering. And, it will provide you with sharper, crispier lip lines/edges.

Then I fill them in with a lipstick. It is better to do this with a lip brush as that will help with longest lasting effect. ( But, I have to admit I usually don't care to use my brush Smiley Very Happy ) One layer. Blot ( gently ). Another layer of the lipstick. Blot again. This also gives your lippie longer wearing. ( I blot after each step I do in the preparation and application of my lip products. Minus lip primer. )

And, finally, when wearing dark or bold lipstick colors, as a final step, I like to clean up the edges of my lips with a concealer ( using a stiffer concealer brush ), cleaning up all the imperfections as I go around my lips. This step gives that clean, and polished look, with sharp and crisp edges. I think it is the most important part of applying those dark lippies as it definitely gives the whole look that wow factor you're looking for. 

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Ditto what Titan said. I use brown sugar wettened with vegetable oil to exfoliate my lips as needed and then apply Jurlique Love Balm. If I feel something needs a little more grip. I use a gloss in a complementary color first and then use a lip brush to blend in the primary color I am using. I can do this just as well with solid lipstick as I can with lip tar.

I use either Bite Beauty Line & Define Lip Primer or UD Ozone.  After I apply my lipstick, I go over it with a lip brush to smooth and even it out.  It also helps to get rid of any excess.  Since I've been doing this, my lipstick seems to last a few hours longer.

(0) Hearts

Oh thank u!

[ Edited ]

OCC Black Dahlia. I apologize for the schnozz shadow. ((embarrassed))

WP_20150604_019.jpg

WP_20150604_006.jpg