Lipstick Playground

[ Edited ]

Hello there my fellow lipstick junkies!

This thread is a playground for all lipstick junkies out there. A place where we can share anything about our darlings. Because... c'mon! We need our personal space to play, right? Smiley Wink Please, feel free to share anything and everything about your lovelies: hand/lip swatches, your staples, must haves, loved ones, not so loved ones, "fails", nasty lil buggers, lipstick of the day, new acquisitions, old flames, experiments, creative stuff, thoughts on lippies, challenges... lots and lots of photos, of course... You get the picture...  "Anything goes!" ( to quote our lovely DiVWA ) Smiley Happy

Post, share, discus, and the most important thing - have fun!

I declare our lippie playground officially open! Smiley Happy

upload_6379308209478391538.jpg

Lippie junkies united!!! Smiley Wink

New, Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Spring-2017-Lipstick-Challenge/td-p/2733982

Re: Lipstick Playground

Your skin looks beautiful, and so does your lip!  Palomino is a gorgeous shade, a safe bet when in doubt.

Aww shucks, thanks, Greenchilli! Smiley Very Happy  My goal is to experiment with more bright colors (thinking some of the Kat Von D lippies slated to come out this fall).

lips.jpg

Wearing Stila Liquid Lippie in Dolce Smiley Very Happy

This is a bit of an unusual nude shade, I quite like it.

Pretty!

This is gorgeous with your skintone, malday. 

In Ulta I mixed this one on my hand with one of the newer shades, Rosa, and I swear it made my perfect nude. I'm kicking around getting both, but I don't think I could pull off either one as a single!

Ooh, I can totally see that combo being a lovely nude! Dolce on it's own is REALLY warm. In fact I thought it was going to be way too warm for me haha.

You sure look good in these warmer shades!

Thanks DiVWA!

[ Edited ]

Two postings of lip looks in one day! I just got this lipstick so gave it a try. (The GA #400 liquid lipstick looked awful after eating lunch anyway, even though I was careful blotting my lips with my napkin. LOL) This is Nars satin pencil in Jardin des Plantes. The blooming shrub behind me is a very mature Kalmia.

lipstick-nars-jardin-6-3-2015bEDIT - Copy.jpg

Hey, Good Looking.  This looks great on you.

Very pretty!  I have Jardin De Platis too....the satin lip pencil formula/finish works for me.

(0) Hearts

Thanks GC. It sure is easy to apply!

[ Edited ]

MAC Up The Amp today... and, always! Smiley Happy

MAC Up The Amp.jpg

Pinkish purples are my favorite on you (even though I love all of them on you).

Wishing these lips automagically become mine.

Hi, lyravega & other purple lipstick lovers!  Maybe you can help me find a purple (or purple-ish) lipstick.  Finding one that's wearable is challenging for me.  I'm pasty white with dirty blonde hair; I draw on my eyebrows using Anastasia Dipbrow in Taupe, and I don't have eyelashes.  No eyelashes means no mascara or eyeliner, so I have nothing to balance a color like purple.  I have NARS Train Blau, which I love; but it just doesn't work because my face looks bottom heavy; there's nothing to balance the color on the top (even though I wear dark purple eye shadow, it's just not enough).  If only it came in a lighter color.  I also have KVD Homegirl (the version before Studded Kiss).  I don't want a pastel or too light of a colors; they usually just blend in with my pasty white complexion.

MAC Up the Amp looks really nice.  I'm going to look for swatches of this.

I wear a lot of purple/dark purple eye shadow, which is why I want some type of purple lipstick.  If you have other suggestions, I'm open--I'm definitely at a loss for what to do!

(0) Hearts

Hi Titian!

I think you can wear many more sahdes than you realize.  Since you are so fair skinned, many lighter pruples would really compliment you.  Try YSL Volutpe Shine lipstick in "Fuchsia in Rage".  It is a sheerer shade, but it will show up on your light complexion.  The colour has some pink in it too, so really compliments everyone.

I really think sheer and light lipstciks will suit you beautifully....

[ Edited ]

Purple!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention yet that this looks divine on you? Purple!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Thank you! Heart

Yes, yes... PURPLE!!! I love you purple! Smiley Tongue

I just love purples Smiley Happy