Lipstick Playground

[ Edited ]

Hello there my fellow lipstick junkies!

This thread is a playground for all lipstick junkies out there. A place where we can share anything about our darlings. Because... c'mon! We need our personal space to play, right? Smiley Wink Please, feel free to share anything and everything about your lovelies: hand/lip swatches, your staples, must haves, loved ones, not so loved ones, "fails", nasty lil buggers, lipstick of the day, new acquisitions, old flames, experiments, creative stuff, thoughts on lippies, challenges... lots and lots of photos, of course... You get the picture...  "Anything goes!" ( to quote our lovely DiVWA ) Smiley Happy

Post, share, discus, and the most important thing - have fun!

I declare our lippie playground officially open! Smiley Happy

upload_6379308209478391538.jpg

Lippie junkies united!!! Smiley Wink

New, Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Spring-2017-Lipstick-Challenge/td-p/2733982

Re: Lipstick Playground

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

[Cross-posted from the Question Thread] I'm doing my best friend's makeup for her wedding and I have all my products figured out except a lipstick. We're sticking to a fairly natural look and something pale pink, possibly on the sheer side, with a satin-to-glossy finish and a lot of staying power would be ideal! (Probably none of the typical liquid lippie recommendations -- too matte for what she wants.) I stick to bolder lip colors myself so I'm not super familiar with good options in the pale pink family haha. Suggestions much appreciated!

@TopazBeth Pinks are hard to recommend specific shades since it's such a varied color family, but I think you'll find the finish and staying power you're looking for in the UD Vice Sheer or Cream line. Some different pinks to check out would be Liar, Wrong Number, Ladyflower, and Rapture. Those are all going to good middle shades to start with, then maybe you and she can look at shades that are warmer, paler, more mauvey, rosy, etc. 

I picked up my first Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss and I love it!  This could be dangerous lol.  I got #119 Bourgeoisie.

Chanel Rouge Coco.jpg

I love the formula and the shade.  I got a tiny vial sample card sometimes ago from Nordstrom.  Normally, vial card is only got used once and tossed regardless of brand (that how much i hate vial cards) but i made an exception for this one.  I put it in a ziplock bag and carried it around.  It is all used up. Smiley Happy

The formula is amazing.  I've been venturing into darker, bolder shades thanks to the homework I did with @ShiraBT Bold Lip thread lol but I do enjoy this pinky nude shade.  I'll definitely use every last drop.

Point perk Hourglass Peacemaker, loving the formula and now may need more of these lovely nudes. 

peacemaker.jpg

Spoiler
Related image

I picked up the 100 point perk for Bite Beauty Lipstick....

and I'm obsessed. Such a nice color! And I ate a quesadilla (very messily), and there was still some color left!

Might even pick up another. I really like it! New favorite lipstick maybe???

Today I mixed a little bit of KVD liquid lipstick Lolita with clear lip balm and I'm loving the soft pinky nude colour I got !

IMG_7052.JPG

So beautiful, @fatimamummy! How does it wear (good staying power or otherwise)? 

Perhaps something like this this would be a good option for @TopazBeth in her quest to help a friend look perfect on her wedding day. 

@SheWhoSkis Thanks! It lasted a reasonable period of time but not long enough to be worn at a wedding. Maybe if one adds more lipstick and less lip balm, the staying power may increase.

Beautiful!! @fatimamummy Love it Smiley Happy 

Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Bohemian Purple.

BP.jpg

Latest two Sephora Cream Lip Stains I've tried. Both gorg! Both loves!

Radiant Orchid

Radiant Orchid.jpg&

African Violet

african violet.jpg

(0) Hearts

I love Sephora cream lip stains! Both of these colours are very refreshing , I need to try them when I go to a store next!

NYX Street Cred mixed with NYX Hippie Chic.

nyx chic.jpg

Oooh, I have Street Cred and have been curious about Hippie Chic, so I'll have to pick that up and copy you. What a lovely combo! Smiley Happy @lyravega

@TKLJ The combo is really gorgeous! But, Hippie Chic on its own not so much. It's chalky. Just a heads up.

Hmm, maybe that's why I hadn't picked it up yet, then. I was trying to figure out why I didn't already have it. Maybe I'll just use a dupe instead. Thanks for the warning! @lyravega

@greenchilli @k617 , thank you!

This is SO pretty!