Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lips are SOOOOOOO messed up

I drink a lot of water and I moisturize regularly, yet my lips are still dry and hard and cracked. I even do oil masks and they are still dry. please tell me why and how i can fix it

Re: Lips are SOOOOOOO messed up

Hi @avayiii!  There are so many good products available for dry lips.  One thing to consider is to try to determine if you may have an allergy or sensitivity to any ingredients in your lip products.  For example, lanolin can have that effect.  The two products that I have found to be the most moisturizing and add some color at the same time are YSL's Volupte Tint-in-Oil (sold here) and Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfector gloss.  I used mine a couple of days ago when my lips were peeling and it softened and moisturized them with one application.

A fellow BTer sent me the Farmacy Lip Bloom in Lavender Mint for Christmas and I am completely in love with it!

http://www.sephora.com/lip-bloom-P399969?skuId=1755073&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap399969

I use this product as a lip mask at night though you can definitely use it throughout the day as well. I have seen remarkable improvement since using it and can't recommend it enough 🙂 They have other flavors as well if the Lavender Mint doesn't rock your boat. 

Hi avayiii,  I neglected to tell you that I don't use the Glam Glow Pout Mud every night. I use this product 2 to 3 times per week but I do make sure that I use Bert's bees and Bonne Bell lip smackers every night.

Just had to clarify:) 

Hi @avayiii,

I think @loveandjoy has the right idea with the Glamglow POUTMUD™ Fizzy Lip since it is an exfoliating treatment. Mine definitely need to shed a layer from time to time! Afterwards, you're going to want to be sure to apply SPF on your lips during the day. This might sound weird to use because it's a men's line, but I really like the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25. I think it works great and I like the flavors. You could also try the Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask + Lip Balm Duo if these other options aren't working. This travel-friendly set exfoliates and the balm has SPF as well. 

Hope this helps! 🙂

Best,

Mali

Hi avayiii,  I use  Glam Glow Pout Mud.  I am quite vigorous with this lip exfoliant.  Then I use Bert's Bees and on top of this, believe it or not, Bonne Bell's Lip Smackers on top.  If I do this before bed every night I have no problems at all with chapped lips.  i live in a  very cold climate and this works very well for me.  Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing