marydiva

Lip color reccomendations for a 14 year old?

My little sister is looking for a lip color (her first!) and she's fourteen. She wants something a little brighter than her natural lips. She's got pale beige skin, & brown hair & eyes. She doesn't want anything that needs sharpening or just a lipgloss. What do you ladies think? :smileyhappy:

marydiva

Re: Lip color reccomendations for a 14 year old?

Thank you ladies! I wish I could give you all hearts but sadly the heart function isn't working! All of those answers are super helpful! I think I'll get her a drugstore variety (Either the Revlon Lip Butter or the Maybelline Color Whisper) for now, and then treat her to a higher end product like the Bite Lipstick in Fig around Christmas time, once she knows what she likes. 

You guys are the best! :smileyhappy:

einai

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You're such a great sister!  Just a heads up - check Amazon for the Lip Butters.  I was able to get mine as an add-on item for less than $5, but you have to get $25 total of products from Amazon for them to ship even if you have Amazon Prime (it's their requirement for add-on items since they sell those for super cheap).  Amazon keeps changing their price though....not the most consistent :smileyhappy:.

BeautyJunkie325

If you change your view from threading to linear you can heart.  Below your question you can see View:Threading, just click on the word & change it to linear and you are able to heart again.  It looks funny so I end up flipping between the 2. :smileyhappy:

einai

(0) Hearts

What about the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters?  They are moisturizing and some of the shades are decently pigmented.  The price point is great for a teen and the packaging is cute.  I personally like the Pink Truffle color - I also have pale beige skin and brown hair/eyes, the shade works on me....looks very natural but definitely brings out the color in my lips.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Maybelline color whispers are a good place to start. Coral ambition (strawberry) and pin up peach (peach) are nice, so is petal rebel (pink) and lust for blush (dusty pink).

halloqueen

I would recommend that she start out with something relatively inexpensive until she tries a few out (she may hate it) and develops a taste in what she likes.  Maybe a drugstore brand in one of the sheer color lippies which should be enough for just a little color?.  If she prefers a "brand", maybe one of MAC's glaze lippies, which add color but still aren't "too much". Most brands at almost all price points have a sheer formula.  With her coloring, a warm pink/peach might work well.  Have fun with your little sister!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I second Dior LipGlow!  The lipstick (light/sheer) style one, not the gloss/wand Dior thingie.

Also - Givenchy Liv's Lips!  It's a sheer "your lips but better" shade, it's more muted than the PINK of dior, a little more plummy but still very sheer and light.  

Both of these are kinda high end, but if you/she are just getting one, and want it to be pretty cool, I really love these two and they feel "special"/luxurious to me.  :smileyhappy:

TrysBeautyItems

Lots of brands have juicy tubes, gloss with a nice pop of color. philosophy, Lancome, stila has small sets of glosses. Clinique also has a variety, from different lipsticks to chubby sticks.

Korres also has lip pots.The color is noticeable but neutral, I have the wild rose looks more red than what sephora shows it as, in store there's a kit with it - not online - but you can control how much goes on like anything.

vanillammm

Dior Lip Glow (or the sephora version), Nars Dolce Vita, Tarte Lipsurgence Matte in Envy, Fresh Sugar lip treatment in Rose.

All are good options for a "barely there" lip.

There is always good old Lip Smacker Dr. Pepper, too. I have one of those in every makeup bag and in every purse. Perfect amount of pigment to give my lips some color without looking like I am wearing much, tastes great, and is moisturizing. Oh, and at $2 a pop - can't beat that.

glossyguru

So does she want a lipstick then? I think Bite Beauty Lipstick in Fig is super natural, I'm 15 and I wear it all the time. But if she doesn't want to buy high end makeup, then the Revlon Lip Butters would be great. A nice natural color that is a wee bit brighter is Strawberry Shortcake

garnett

(0) Hearts

You sound like an awesome big sister!  :smileyhappy:

I agree with glossyguru.  Bite's Fig is a great lipstick color for a natural but better look.

I would consider  starting  her out with a less expensive brand first so that she can get a feel for what color and formulation best suits her.  For the price of one seriously upscale lipstick, you could get her a few items to "test drive".  You can always treat her to something chic and upscale when she better knows what she likes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • halloqueen
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • garnett
    • carolang
    • vanillammm