ginamc

Lip Primers

Hello :smileyhappy:

After a few years of trying to find the perfect nude lipstick, I think I finally found "the one" (Too Faced La Creme in Naked Dolly). Super exciting!!

I love how moisturizing and creamy this lipstick is, but I would still like to find a good lip primer to use underneath. I purchased the Too Faced Lip Insurance primer a couple years back, but it turned into a dry, cakey white mess on my lips before I even applied any lipstick or gloss. I'm pretty sure I applied the primer correctly: apply to the lips, let it set / dry a little, then apply lipcolor. I never had any luck with it....

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried any other lip primers, and which ones worked the best. Also, any tips on prepping your pout for a perfect lipstick application (exfoliating, using a balm underneath, etc). I finally found my great nude lipstick, but I wanna wear it with confidence!!

Thanks so much!! :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Re: Lip Primers

Hi ginamc, 

I've tried a few lip primers that had that dry cakey finish too, great for bold or bright lip colors but sometimes a bit too heavy! I love the Urban Decay which is a bit smoother and almost translucent on the lips too with a VERY neutral base. 

swfupload_4104970116297126365.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/lip-primer-potion-P244904?skuId=1187681

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

Re: Lip Primers

I love Dolly such a great color! On the lip primers Becca has a new lip primer that is so great and Urban Decay Lip primer potion is also a great choice. As far as keeping you lips looking great Bliss has a scrub,a lip cleanser and a lip balm that you could use like once a week to keep your lips soft and smooth. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • ginamc
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
Photos1
  • swfupload_4104970116297126365.jpg