Carmen1986

Lip Primer, Your Thoughts ?

(0) Hearts

Hey everyone,

So I wanted to ask your thoughts on lip primers. Have you tried them, are they drying are they able to keep your lipstick/gloss/balm on all day and are they worth the hefty price tag ?.

Share your thoughts on them even if you haven't tried them. Always like to know what people think of stuff like this :-)

beautylovingirl

Re: Lip Primer, Your Thoughts ?

(0) Hearts

Even though Sephora doesn't carry it I love the MAC prep and prime for lips. I have dry lips and use it before bed also and it keeps my lips super soft and my lipstick stays on all day.

garnett

(0) Hearts

I have used the Too Faced Lip Insurance and it didn't really think it made my lipstick last much longer.  I didn't find it drying but I also didn't think it extended my lipstick's staying power by much. I want to try other brands before I decide if it's worth applying over the long haul.

I don't think ANY primer will extend the life of lip balms and glosses.  They tend to be rich in oils and by their very nature they wear down/off more easily than a true lipstick.  I think a good way to get your lipstick to last is to layer your pigments.  A lip  pencil all over your lips and then adding a colored lip balm or lipstick will definitely get you some good staying power.  I tend to do this when I want to wear a bold lip color like red. 

DrWould

(0) Hearts

I've been thinking of trying one for a while. I've heard mixed reviews about the Too Faced and Urban Decay. I think the one with most positive reviews is Bite's. I also know a lot of people say MAC's makes lipstick look really nice but doesn't really increase staying power.

For now, I'm just filling in my lips with lip liner before applying lipstick but if I do try a primer, I think I will go with the Bite one. 

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

The Urban Decay one did nothing for me.but MACS  feels good but doesnt really help my lipstick stay on any longer..i have found that the best thing you can do to keep your lip color last is to regularly exfoliate your lips..i like the bliss lip scrub :smileyhappy:

melde

(0) Hearts

I like the Urban Decay and the Too Faced. The Urban Decay seems a tad drying, but I always moisturize my lips first. The Too Faced shows if you don't cover it up entirely... so neither is perfect.

Clear lip liner is good, too. I know UD and MUFE each have one, but I haven't tried theirs. Maybelline makes one for a few dollars.

mrscoco

(0) Hearts

I have the Bite one and like it. I really only use it with dark colors though as I am just reaching that point where my fine lines allow a little bleeding and it gives me a nice perfect line.

I think they do much better with a lipstick or something like the bite high pigment pencils. The more matte the color, the better it seems to do. The glosses and balms seem to work their ways off one way or another.

malday

(0) Hearts

I like the UD one but it seems it's no longer available :smileysad: Too Faced made my lips feel super dry and some of my lipsticks still bled with it. I would suggest just using a liner with your lipsticks to keep them from bleeding and make them last longer.

melde

(0) Hearts

Oh no! I like that one too! :smileysad:

malday

I looked everywhere and could only find them on ebay or amazon for $30+ :smileysad: 

melde

(0) Hearts

:smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

spedteacher74

(0) Hearts

I tried the Too Faced lip priner a while back, but didnit think it really worked.  Never tried another brand.  I am also interested inif anyone else has a good recommendation.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 9 in conversation
    • malday
    • mrscoco
    • beautylovingirl
    • spedteacher74
    • garnett
    • JGSFLA