smash6086

Lip Colors for Fair Skin with Cool undertones?

I have porcelain skin with some redness and cool undertones, and am looking for two new lip colors. I want one for everyday wear (like a light pink or nude(ish)) and then a bold color for random days and night wear.

I have a brick red lipstick that I LOVE to wear anytime as it compliments my fair skin and blue eyes, but I am looking for another dramatic color as well.

I try to avoid things too peach in color, but I don't want to have barbie pink either. Glosses or moisterizing/smoothe lip sticks will do! Any suggestions?

lreagan

Re: Lip Colors for Fair Skin with Cool undertones?

[ Edited ]

I have super fair skin too and these are my two favorite nude lipsticks.

Light pink: Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color in "Spiced Rose"

Laura Mercier - Crème Smooth Lip Colour

My absolute favorite nude color, which is a brownish pink, is Makeup Forever's Rouge Artist Natural in N4 (the picture really doesn't do it justice)

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Rouge Artist Natural

As for more dramatic colors, have you considered wearing a berry color? I have a Nars lipstick in Afghan Red and I think it looks awesome on fair skin.

NARS - Lipstick

I also have a deep berry gloss that I loooooove. I even wear it during the day time because I think it's very wearable. It's Buxom's Full-Bodied Lip Gloss in OMG.

Buxom - Buxom® Full-Bodied™ Lip Gloss

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Bobbi Brown lip colors in Italian Rose and Sandwash Pink would be great nude colors, I can't really recommend any bold colors because I don't wear them. Also check out the YSL lipstains they would be perfect for you! Hope this helps!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

For something to still look natural and for everyday wear, pucker your lips and match lipsticks and products to the color of your inner lip/mouth. This will give you a more realistic gauge of color rather than going off of your lip color alone.

Laura Mercier and Lorac make some gorgeous nude-toned pinks you can check out.

For something new in a pop of color, try introducing a tangerine or coral shade! It's the latest in the fashion and beauty world and you can introduce yourself to it gradually by pairing it with your red lipstick. Apply your red all over and pat or start applying the orange shade in the center, blending it into the red so it's more subtle. This will help you get used to the color until you feel comfortable wearing it alone.

D&G's Classic Cream Lipstick in 236 is a nice deep tangerine that can play well!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • smash6086
    • lreagan