mstish

Lip Color Help

I've been on a search for the perfect "every day" lip color to bring on vacation. I'm trying to avoid bringing 10+ lip colors, so......I've got medium skintone (on the lighter side of medium), with pink undertones, brown eyes, and blonde hair (highlighted). The closest Sephora is an hour away, and need some suggestions. I've got time to have an order delivered before I leave, if I place it by tomorrow. I tend to go for the pinkish colors, but just can't find that "go to" shade. Thanks a bunch for your time and help :smileyhappy:

BeautyJunkie325

Re: Lip Color Help

(0) Hearts

I use Urban Decay's Naked as a go to color. I have it in a crayon and in a gloss. I love the shimmery natural color. 

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

id say you cant go wrong with a subtle rosy nude color.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

What kind of finish are you looking for and durable (long-lasting)?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Here's a tip to matching your "natural" lip color to a product, rather than go off the color of your lips as is, pucker your lips like you're going for a kiss and gauge by the color on the inner rim/inside of your mouth. The color there is going to give you a more realistic gauge on things compared to the lip color that is visible.

Try posting a photo on here taken in natural light so we can recommend specific colors better suited to you, but in the meanwhile, check into brands like Laura Mercier, MUFE's Rouge Artist Natural, and Lorac (their Break Though Performance line ha a couple of gorgeous natural shades). Those brands offer a range from more skin-tone nudes, to pink-toned nudes, to mauve berry, to cinnamon browns. Smashbox's Nude Lip Liners offer 4 shades geared toward fair, light, medium, and deep skin tones in soft, neutrals that can be used under all lip colors as a rich base.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

Mauve, berry and rosy pink are great everyday shades if your skin is medium in tone,regardless of the undertone. :smileywink:

mstish

Do you have any suggestions as far as particular brand/shade?  Thanks so much for the response.  :smileyhappy: 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

if you want a sheer glossy color, Dolce & Gabana exotic 50 - magenta. :smileywink:

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

Nars Pure Matte, # color " Rich Rasberry". i love the Nars pure matte because it last for hours and it doesn't dry and crack on your lips

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • mstish
    • lylysa
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • tashalicious
    • kimchikween
    • Londonlover101