Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lip Balms and Scrubs

Could anyone suggest a good lip balm or scrub? I feel like my lips have been really dry these day, and they could use a little love!

Re: Lip Balms and Scrubs

I love Laniege's Lip Sleeping Mask. Sephora carries it now too! 😄

Despite the name I use it as a daytime lip balm sometimes as well.

@myumew I just put a bunch of products from Laneige one of which was the lip mask. I heard a lot of good things about it so I can't wait to try it.

@HookedOnBeauty2 Yay, you won't regret it! The delicious scent is just another plus 😄

There are so many great lip scrubs and balms to choose from but currently I am loving the Jeffree Star lip scrubs (they smell and taste yummy and work very well) I also love the Bite Beauty lip agave lip masks (I use it right after my lip scrub)

I make my own. 1 part coconut oil, 1 part honey and 2 parts sugar (I use an equal mix of brown sugar and normal granulated sugar). It works super well and can also be used on your skin (face and body).

Burt's Bees & Dior Lip Glow always work for me. As for a scrub, try Fresh Lip Polish.

My favorite lip balm is kari gran lip whip.  it is great for chronically dry lips - i use it every night to keep the dryness in control.  you also get a larger quantity of this than a lot of other balms.   second place is fresh advanced lip therapy.  i also use fresh lip scrub.

I love Fresh for so many years.  Recently, i tried out Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Quench Lip Rescue in Nude and i love it even more than the Fresh ones.  It is hydrating and also great to layer under Nude or light lippies. It lasts quite long on me.  Some reviews said the packaging is cheap (paper/carton) but i disagree.  I think it is totally cute.  If you are in a super hot/humid environment, just be cautious because it can melt.

I also love Lush lip scrubs and their lip balms. I used to love Fresh, but because they are not cruelty free, I have been looking for cruelty free alternatives, and Lush seems to stack up moce better than all of the rest.

I'm a fan of the Lush lip scrubs on particularly flaky days and the Aritaum Ginger Sugar lip scrub on regular days. The Lush one is more exfoliating while the Aritaum one is very hydrating. I use the C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm Lip Treatment before bed to keep my lips hydrated overnight. During the day I really like using a lip balm from David's Tea, it's mostly made from organic oils!

The milani lip scrub is a good drug store option!

I actually like the sephora collection lip balm & scrub in honey! I recently bought a Philosophy fresh cream lip polish, which I am fond of. It has the scrub aspect but it's very moisturizing too. The only downside is the smell. 

For lip balms, I'm a fan of Fresh Rose lip treatment forever and always. But I found that the Too Cool for School lip balm in Dinoplatz has an amazing berry color! 

@OonaBee  I love Lush Lip Scrubs and MAC Lip Scrubtious so much!

_100122363.jpgLush-The-Kiss-Lip-Scrub-Review.jpg

I rotate like 10 different lip balms, but I always seem to come back to Dr. Lipps:

DrLipp-Original-Nipple-Balm-2017-light-600x600.jpg

@OonaBee  you got some great suggestions!

My HG lip balm is Intelligent Nutrients -  Lip Delivery System.  I swear by this and always come back. I love trying new ones but nothing can compare.  I've had my lips react to products or in bad shape because of a cold/flu and only this lip balm will make them nice again.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b4/f2/db/b4f2db05fd60ea6fb79f802dce9bcfef.jpg

As for scrubs I love Fresh's and MAC's lip scrub.  I've tried Bite's new agave one and it's alright as well. You can always make your own with honey and sugar 😉

@OonaBee Lypsyl Intense Protection in Original Mint has been my HG lip balm for years. It keeps my lips supple for hours and it's pretty inexpensive. I buy it from Walgreens (on sale right now for 2 for $2!) but I'm sure other drugstores have it. I'll leave a picture below.

I don't use a lip scrub but I swear by a trick an aunt taught me. When you get out of the shower, take the edge of your towel/facecloth and use it to rub your lips. The steam from the shower softens the dry skin and the terry material of towel will easily grab the softened skin and wipe it off with ease. Immediately follow up with a lip balm to keep you lips soft for hours. Works every time!

ff67e907-7eff-42d9-9522-701469ca3846_2.0c248090674b31c745d68519d5a0d3da-2.jpeg

Hope this helps!

Anonymous Insider

I use sara happ products she makes a great lip scrub.It exfoliates and hydrates the lips .She has different varieties but here are some flavors below

Image result for sara happ lip scrubImage result for sara happ lip scrub

Image result for sara happ lip scrub

I've used the Lush, Tarte,  and Fresh brand scrubs in the past and thought this one wouldn't be too different.  I was wrong!  I love the consistency and that it doesn't break apart and make a mess when you apply it.  Also doesn't leave a greasy feel afterwards.  I'm currently using the grapefruit flavor and will definitely repurchase when it's gone.

Personally, I really like the Tarte scrub. I find it more exfoliating than the Fresh scrub or the Elf scrub. 

As for balms, I've tried a million and my favorites are still the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments, especially the advanced therapy. 

The ELF lip scrub is fantastic. It's like $3 and it works really well. For good 'ol reliable lip balm I like Vaseline, Carmex, and Blistex Lip Medex. They're all cheap and effective! 

Anonymous Insider

I suffer from chronically dry lips (not from any infection, cause unknown) and Carmex stick type is my favorite.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • ff67e907-7eff-42d9-9522-701469ca3846_2.0c248090674b31c745d68519d5a0d3da-2.jpeg
  • _100122363.jpg
  • Lush-The-Kiss-Lip-Scrub-Review.jpg
  • DrLipp-Original-Nipple-Balm-2017-light-600x600.jpg
testing