dawnjessica

LIP COLORS FOR FAIR, BLONDE AND BLUE EYES

(0) Hearts

I am 25 years old with blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin.  I need advice on what color lipstick is good to wear.  Everything I try is either too bright or too dark.  I normally use the Naked 1 pallet  for my eyes and Tarte Park Avenue Princess for blush.

lylysa

Re: LIP COLORS FOR FAIR, BLONDE AND BLUE EYES

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

To find your perfect, neutral, true to you shade without looking like you've got an odd color on your lips, pucker up and match your lip product shade to the color on the inside of your lips/mouth. This will give you a better gauge on finding colors that will compliment your complexion and enhance the natural color you have already rather than matching with your actual lip shade.

Smasbox makes wonderfully natural toned lip liners in their The Nude Lip Liner line, try it in Fair, a light/neutral pink. This can be worn as a liner, or filled in on your lips as a base to help lipsticks and products last longer.

Smashbox - The Nude Lip Liner
http://www.sephora.com/the-nude-lip-liner-P234323?skuId=1157205

Also, try looking for sheer/glossy formulas of lipstick to prevent the color impact from being too bold. MUFE's Rouge Artiste Natural has softer shades and Laura Mercier makes her lipsticks in a Sheer option and a Color Balm. Clinique's Chubby Sticks are also a fun way to wear color without it being too strong, while still giving a nice shine, so does Tarte's Lip Stains in their Lip Tint and Lip Luster lines.

I'm also a fan of Benefit's Benetint Lip Balm, it's a rich, rose tint in the container, but comes out so sheer and is so hydrating. It gives lips a great sheen with a sheer, rosy tint that looks amazing on its own or layered over lipsticks. I don't think Sephora carries it online anymore, but it's easy to track online or at a department store that carries Benefit.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • dawnjessica