Blackwhiskey

Kat von D's new lippies

Anyone know their exact release date? 1014010_10153855567890454_1528230516_n.jpg

bethany1021

Re: Kat von D's new lippies

(0) Hearts

You have such beautiful lips! I'm always in awe of how you keep them so nicely lined. They always seem to feather on me and I end up sticking with just clear balms. Do you use a special base to keep lipstick in place?

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I don't know who this comment was for but for me, I use a reverse lip liner under my foundation.  I have one made by cargo.  Then as an extra security blanket I use urban decays translucent liner on my lips along with sugar lip treatment which prevents any feathering on the actual lip.   

Sometimes if the colour is just too good to alter at all, I'll use concealer on my lips so the colour shows up true.  This only works with well pigmented lip colours. 

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

that's too much for me, I never use anything. Onlyonce in a while when i'm trying to reate a certain look will i use it, other than that i just put on the lipstick and call it a day. 

Blackwhiskey

lol, so I don't know about you guys but if you carry this in your purse, the lid slides off, at least mine does.. and me being the careless being when receiving change back.. there's a penny stuck inside my lid! xD 

heartsmyface

My friend mentioned this happens.  Super suck.  I haven't tried transporting it around but this is a big flaw.  The ridges aren't helping and are actually promoting the lid coming off by snagging in other things.  The magnet needs to either be stronger or the case needs to snag less.  Looks great on display but lacking practicality in the real world. 

michelleshops

I bought the Tokyomilk Tainted Love rollerball for the little pouch just so I could keep my lipstick in it!  I fear for the inside of my purse! 

carrieloulou

Mine slides off too!  Not every time, but still...annoying. 

StephaniLynn

(0) Hearts

The lid slides off in my purse too! /:

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

:\ yeah this cute studded packaging isn't practical at all. 

lylysa

Wha???? Like it slides off as in doesn't in "lock" when it's capped?!?!? O_o

That's no bueno!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Right! Not good at all! 

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

I just picked one of the lipsticks up to test it, it doesn't do a click nor does it have much friction when nearing the other half.Doesn't click or anything, so with the studs that it has and it bumping against other items in your purse, it just slides off. I'm turned off by this, thankfully my lipstick is scrolled all the way down so my purse didn't get smudged and my lipstick stayed intact.. but yeah.. that shouldn't happen with a 21 dollar lipstick. I've never had this problem with other lipsticks so this is a total bummer. Even her old lipsticks have a stronger lid hold. 

heartsmyface

[ Edited ]

image.jpg

Omg, I just remembered those lipstick cases our grandmas used to have!   :smileyhappy:.   Think we be needing those babies'? 

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

o0o0o I wouldn't mind having one of those! 

maltipoo66

(0) Hearts

Hey guys!  So I remember getting a sample size of Lolita and loving the shade, but the smell a taste when I rubbed it off was terrible...does anyone still notice a smell with these new ones?

Blackwhiskey

It has a scent sort of like the MAC ones, it's sweet. There's no taste to it. 

Blackwhiskey

Okay I just took another swatch with the lipsticks on my lips. This is true to color. And with no lip balm underneath. They slide on as smooth as any other matte lipstick. 

10517522_346777002138842_1646965165749801492_n.jpgPrayer

10360470_346776815472194_5517255601778082431_n.jpgCountess

10356165_346776738805535_1063664650644767816_n.jpgHexagram

10509691_346776642138878_4985615224573521540_n.jpgMotorhead

I don't know what it is about motorhead.. in every picture i take it looks the way it does but if you see it in real life it kind of looks deeper. Either way, it's not black like I thought it'd be with a hint of red.. Reminds me of Laura Mercier's Muse. I'll keep it cause of the name though. 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Gorgeous blackie!   Dunno what to calm you! Pming you! 

Blackwhiskey

This was taken with indoor lighting. If you guys are interested, I guess I'll post closeups like this with natural light. If you don't look carefully hexagram and countess kind of look the same? But countess has more of a neony orange red to it. I like them all to be honest, they look very pretty in person. You can definitely note a difference in person :smileyhappy: 

Blackwhiskey

[ Edited ]

IMG_20140718_174845.jpgHexagram

IMG_20140718_175104.jpgPrayer

IMG_20140718_175319.jpgCountess

IMG_20140718_175717.jpg

Motorhead

I had to rewrite this because my keyboard decided to be stupid and refresh my page.

I altered motorhead because I couldn't get the true color, in reality it looks way deeper than that, whereas vampira has a more fuschia looking undertone, this one is like a deep blood red.. it's very nice, I want to say it kind of compares to UD's shame but in matte form. Also, note, this lipstick slid on real nice with no lip balm, so if your lips aren't dehydrated, you won't need to apply balm and be able to keep the matte form.

I loved countess, I don't think the picture does it justice but it has an orangey tone to it, it's really nice. I used natural light, though it's been grey all day outside so that might alter the look, also, i was wearing lip balm with this. 

Hexagram has got to be my favorite, It's a beautiful contrast against my skin, I remember owning a lip gloss that had this color but the name rubbed off and it was a hot topic item so that's long been discontinued. 

I liked prayer, i'll be using it for the normal looking days, finally, another "neutral" looking color. It's like a toned down berry look. 

I'll try to take better pictures without light hitting my lips later on. STill waiting on Poe, that gets in on M<onday. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 174 replies
  • 185 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • michelleshops
    • maltipoo66
    • sephoralovex
    • malday
    • mpas