Blackwhiskey

Kat von D's new lippies

Anyone know their exact release date? 1014010_10153855567890454_1528230516_n.jpg

maltipoo66

Re: Kat von D's new lippies

(0) Hearts

Hey guys!  So I remember getting a sample size of Lolita and loving the shade, but the smell a taste when I rubbed it off was terrible...does anyone still notice a smell with these new ones?

Blackwhiskey

It has a scent sort of like the MAC ones, it's sweet. There's no taste to it. 

Blackwhiskey

Okay I just took another swatch with the lipsticks on my lips. This is true to color. And with no lip balm underneath. They slide on as smooth as any other matte lipstick. 

10517522_346777002138842_1646965165749801492_n.jpgPrayer

10360470_346776815472194_5517255601778082431_n.jpgCountess

10356165_346776738805535_1063664650644767816_n.jpgHexagram

10509691_346776642138878_4985615224573521540_n.jpgMotorhead

I don't know what it is about motorhead.. in every picture i take it looks the way it does but if you see it in real life it kind of looks deeper. Either way, it's not black like I thought it'd be with a hint of red.. Reminds me of Laura Mercier's Muse. I'll keep it cause of the name though. 

Blackwhiskey

This was taken with indoor lighting. If you guys are interested, I guess I'll post closeups like this with natural light. If you don't look carefully hexagram and countess kind of look the same? But countess has more of a neony orange red to it. I like them all to be honest, they look very pretty in person. You can definitely note a difference in person :smileyhappy: 

Blackwhiskey

[ Edited ]

IMG_20140718_174845.jpgHexagram

IMG_20140718_175104.jpgPrayer

IMG_20140718_175319.jpgCountess

IMG_20140718_175717.jpg

Motorhead

I had to rewrite this because my keyboard decided to be stupid and refresh my page.

I altered motorhead because I couldn't get the true color, in reality it looks way deeper than that, whereas vampira has a more fuschia looking undertone, this one is like a deep blood red.. it's very nice, I want to say it kind of compares to UD's shame but in matte form. Also, note, this lipstick slid on real nice with no lip balm, so if your lips aren't dehydrated, you won't need to apply balm and be able to keep the matte form.

I loved countess, I don't think the picture does it justice but it has an orangey tone to it, it's really nice. I used natural light, though it's been grey all day outside so that might alter the look, also, i was wearing lip balm with this. 

Hexagram has got to be my favorite, It's a beautiful contrast against my skin, I remember owning a lip gloss that had this color but the name rubbed off and it was a hot topic item so that's long been discontinued. 

I liked prayer, i'll be using it for the normal looking days, finally, another "neutral" looking color. It's like a toned down berry look. 

I'll try to take better pictures without light hitting my lips later on. STill waiting on Poe, that gets in on M<onday. 

IRMAELENA

Hexagram looks great! Thanks for the swatches :smileyhappy:

EvangelineDamon

Wow. I am really liking that Hexagram on you.

I was not even thinking about buying a lipstick, but oh how thou tempt me!!

Blackwhiskey

i think hexagram is the only color here that looks true to color. i was wearing lip balm underneath and light was hitting it , i was trying for it not to reflect much.. but i did take more swatches without lip balm. except with no natural light.. it doesn't have the effect it did in the day. 

EvangelineDamon

Thank you for all the different swatches!!

I still really want to get Hexagram, but now looking at your new pictures and back at the first ones you posted, I think I want Countess, too.

Cannot wait to see Poe on you next. 

Blackwhiskey

They are really beautiful and the picture doesn't do it the bold justice that they play.  I recommend them both if you really want them! I can't wait for Poe, I believe I get it this monday. 

malday

Hmm I'm liking Prayer more with a swatch

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

it looks deeper without a lip balm underneath and of course matte looking.. i dont know why there were bad reviews about it being so dry.. it was actually pretty smooth. and  also the lipsticks have a scent similar to mac

redwagon44

Here's my Lolita swatch/selfie/cat picture because I hate posting selfies so hes there for distraction, although he clearly would rather be anywhere else. The texture of this lipstick is great! So far not drying at all. image.jpg

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

What a cutie cat! I love orange ones!  P.S. Lipstick looks great on you too.

EvangelineDamon

I guess all three of us hate selfies.

Very cute kitty and you are so pretty.

That color looks beautiful on you.

MK89

So cute! Lolita looks really good on you, I kind of want it now

Zpsid91

Does he have extra toe-sies? I have one of those too!!!

Also, that lipstick looks great on you!! Very nice color!

jemly

went and saw these in store today and i was utterly disappointed because the sephora i went to only had 6 colors ! and they were red (i already have my perfect bright reds) or fuschia (nope not for me). i wanted to see möterhead ! none of those deep dark colors i so wanted to try. :smileysad:

(if this was common knowledge and i missed that i apologize for not reading thoroughly)

HelloCoffee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

yep, that happened to me the other day......only my Sephora had none of them, just the old ones. I guess the online store gets things first? I'm gonna try again this weekend.

**Edit: so I tried again this weekend at another Sephora, and they also only had a few colors. smh.

candacebt

Hey ladies our swatches are up! And we have soooo many more different lippies coming (like, in the next hour). :smileyhappy: Keep your eyes on The Swatch Board!

(Click through the link to see the color names) 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Kat-Von-D-Studded-Kiss-Lipsticks/td-p/1542776

KVD-swatches.jpg 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 158 replies
  • 165 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • maltipoo66
    • sephoralovex
    • malday
    • mpas