avsmakeup

Kat Von D lip stain in Outlaw or NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in Cruella?!?! Which one is better?

So these colors are pretty similar so I am trying to decide between the two brands. Help! Any advice about either color/brand is welcome! 

bittersweet86

Re: Kat Von D lip stain in Outlaw or NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in Cruella?!?! Which one is better

(0) Hearts

I agree with Melissa the two are very different products. I haven't tried the Nars lip pencils but I have tried lip pencils and they are a totally different concept than Kat Von Ds liquid lipsticks (which I do have outlaw)

Outlaw is a great liquid lipstick if you want a very long wearing (yes a bit drying but a bit of clear thin lipbalm helps under or over) lipstick and you don't plan on really eating or drinking (though it does last through a bit of drinking with a straw). The main downside with this product is that its extremely hard to reapply or fix during the day you basically have to take it completely off and reapply it that way other wise it just builds up. With that being said though its still a great product. 

marinaanne147

Re: Kat Von D lip stain in Outlaw or NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in Cruella?!?! Which one is better

(0) Hearts

In my personal opinion, NARS's Lip Pencils are much better than the Kat Von D lip stains. NARS in general puts out better quality products, though other people may have different opinions.

melissabt

Re: Kat Von D lip stain in Outlaw or NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in Cruella?!?! Which one is better?

Hi Avsmakeup,

Both have very different textures! I would say that the KVD is thinner and a bit more long wearing. In my opinion the NARS one has a smoother texture on the lips. Both are gorgeous colors!

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Kat's lip stain is going to be alot  more drying on your lips and the Nars pencil is more creamy and not as drying. That's really the only difference I can give. To me the Nars is better. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • marinaanne147
    • melissabt
    • bittersweet86
    • beautylovingirl
    • avsmakeup