poemelyric

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks

[ Edited ]

Okay... not to complain but I was trying on one of my KVD lippies and for some reason for which I don't know, I rolled up the whole lipstick tube and there wasn't much product in there.  There's probably about less than an inch of actual lipstick.  I got curious and looked at the Marc Jacob's lippie and while there's not a lot in there either, it's more than Kat's lipstick.  I'm not complaining about the quality of the lipstick... it's great I just wish that for $21, they could have put more than 3/4's of an inch of lipstick in there.  I mean her Monarch palette size is huge... why can't the lipsticks be too?

I just looked and the Studded Kiss has .10 oz., her original line has .11 and Marc Jacob has .12

andyhtrieu

Re: Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks

I'm reading a lot of reviews that say the lipsticks are really dry and patchy.

like, eww

upload_1185949534583010635.jpg

Blackwhiskey

I haven't had that experience with them at all. Then again I didn'tg get coven.. might be that specific color? 

newandaddicted

Yes I believe it's only certain colors.  BUT for that amount of $$$ and less product the wear should be top notch.  I swatched a nude kind of color can't recall the name it was smooth and nice.  I think I'll invest in her liquid lipsticks instead of getting the patchy colors in the regular lippies.  

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

Yeah I hear you, good thing I didn't jump the gun on coven, I almost did.. I have hexagram, countess, poe, motorhead and prayer and I'm happy with those.. but I don't think i'll buy others I had my eye on.. I feel bad having to return an item especially when I've used it. The liquids are fantastic though. 

newandaddicted

The worst part about for me...some of them are a patchy mess.  I swatched a few in the store and it was just sad how uneven they were.  I don't mind the price (I'll never use a whole tube of a lippie) but the quality of some of them is unacceptable to me.

jellybean917

I rolled mine up all the way today and you're right, it is pretty short. Many brands are reducing the size of their products and using the same price. The best way to determine if a product is a good deal is to calculate the cost per ounce though. Using the MJ vs KVD example, KVD's lipsticks (Studded Kiss, $21 for 0.10 oz) are $210/oz, while MJ's (Lovemarc Matte Lip Gel, $30 for 0.13 oz) are $230.77/oz though, so KVD is still cheaper, even though she has less product. I'm not sure I've ever finished a lipstick though, so I'm personally not too worried about it. If I like a color and formula, I'll get it. If I like it so much that I finished it, that's saying a lot and I'd gladly repurchase.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

LOL!  I finished my Homegirl lippie and bought a couple extra when I heard about new formula.  Kat is cheaper but I really would have thought that it would be Marc Jacobs with less product than Kat because it's higher end.  I think that's what took me aback...

leftysass81

Have you tried her liquid lipsticks? I find that I get my money's worth with those and they have great staying power so I don't have to reapply often. :smileyhappy:

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I wanted to try them but everytime I get the emails that the colors I want are back in stock, by the time I get home, they are sold out again, LOL!

leftysass81

Definitely one those "get them when you can" scenarios LOL! I am waiting patiently for LUX. I have Bachelorette,  Jeffree,  Backstage Bambi, and Bahau5. 

gingerblack

I'm kind of over the KVD lipsticks. I think they are overpriced as well. In Canada they are 26$. For 2 more $ I could just get something from Bite. I also noticed the ones I'm interested in come out really patchy. 

I will admit that there are some nice unique colours though.

IAmLadyLiterary

I feel the same way, except I am so buying POE, I don't care, I want it!  I love bite but I wish they could go a little bolder than bright pinks, corals and reds.  I want blues, and blacks and all those crazy colours that only balzy **bleep** people try out.  

kenny

Me too, I really want Poe. It's beyond gorgeous. I'm not even sure how much I'll wear it, but I really want it

FireSpinner

I also want Poe. Gonna swatch it in stores first, but i'm pretty sure i'll love it!

Blackwhiskey

IMG_20140722_131727.jpg

I love poe, I used this a couple of days ago, I love it but next time I'm gonna tone it down on the eyeshadow, haha. 

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

Yeah Poe is pretty much the only one I am interested in. I swatched it and it came out very nice.

poemelyric

They have nice colors but some of the colors are the ones that came out in the Painted Love collection which is still on sale and is only $19...  I don't mind paying for the newer colors but paying more and getting less for the same colors that are still being sold is crazy to me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kenny
    • poemelyric
    • leftysass81
    • gingerblack
    • jellybean917
    • FireSpinner