garnett

In Search Of Wine/Burgundy Lipstick

OK Beauties, I am having trouble finding a color that I want and I am asking for your help.  I want a true wine/burgundy lipstick.  Not pink berry tones.  Not red!  Think of a glass of burgundy.  I don't want a flat, matte color.  It can be a matte texture but I want the lipstick ( not gloss) to have some dimension  to it.  I know that berry tones are big right now and I have some really pretty ones but I want a gorgeous wine (burgundy) in my bag of tricks  Thanks for any help you can give me.  :smileyhappy:

nathaliew

Re: In Search Of Wine/Burgundy Lipstick

How about the OCC Lip tar in "Strumpet"

kenny

(0) Hearts

Strumpet definitely pulls fushcia. I love it, but it isn't a very deep shade. Although my lips are pretty neutral so it might show up deeper on someone with more pigmented lips

marydiva

I love OCC Lip Tar's "Strumpet" but I think that may be a little too "pink" to be a true wine color. 

veronika23

Strumpet is a nice color but it does have too much pink IMO to be  wine color.  It's like a mix between berry and wine. :smileywink:

Lizznichole

(0) Hearts

Like a vampy kind of wine color?

veronika23

[ Edited ]

I suggest bite lipstick in mulberry.  I find it's a nice wine color. :smileyhappy:

s1321462-main-hero.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/luminous-creme-lipstick-P283903?skuId=1321306

roxystar4

I swatched this lipstick in store a few months back and fell in love. it is gorgeous!

garnett

I should be ashamed of myself.  I love Bite lipsticks.  It looked to be a little too pink in the computer swatch but then again many of their representations are not true to the real shade.  Thanks, I will definitely check it out.  

veronika23

[ Edited ]

here. I just swatched it for you.  For me it looks even better on my lips :smileyhappy:

And now that it's on my computer is does look a bit more pink.

rsz_1img_00000412.jpg

garnett

Thanks for the swatch!  I trust what you are saying.  I think I need this one too.  Great suggestions. 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

hope you'll love it and that it looks gorgeous on you!

arielaaaaaaaa

I ordered the Bite Beauty Lip kit, It should be here Monday, I can't wait to try Mulberry now! I didn't think i'd like it, but it's pretty! I'll have to swatch the set! 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Yes I also find the colors on the computer are usually not the same as in real life.  Some are way way off.  I find it's a nice fall color :smileyhappy:

marydiva

Check out Buxom's shade Menace! :smileyhappy: It's a lovely wine/burgundy color. 

garnett

OMGosh Marydiva- I have a mini of that lipstick and completely forgot.  It's in the Give Me More Lip collection.  You are right-its a gorgeous color and it has just enough shimmer to give it dimension.  Thank you so much for jogging my memory.  :smileyhappy:

marydiva

(0) Hearts

It's my favorite from the Give Me More Lip collection! :smileyhappy:

lecia1167

Stila Stay All Day Merlot Vinyl. I have it, and it is lovely!

s1541291-main-hero.jpg

garnett

(0) Hearts

Lecia that is a gorgeous color.  How do you like the formula?  Do you find it dry? 

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

Not at all! It's actually very moisturizing. I know some all-day ones can be drying, but this isn't at all.

garnett

OK, that settles it.  This one is in my cart too!  Thanks.  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • kenny
    • nathaliew
    • arielaaaaaaaa