From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

I'm looking for a lipstain I can use with chapstick, that lasts all day, and doesn't smudge over everything?

I'm looking for a lipstain I can use with chapstick, that lasts all day, and doesn't smudge over everything?

I tried lipsense - But I hate the feel of gloss and don't want to spend a fortune just to have color on my lips all day.

I've also tried Revlon Colorstay Ultimate - but it smudges and is left on anything I drink out of and comes off on my chapstick.

Am I wanting something unrealistic?

Re: I'm looking for a lipstain I can use with chapstick, that lasts all day, and doesn't smudge over everything?

Hi @LabelleIrene,

You might like some of the products below if you're looking for a lip stain! (: 

Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Tint-In-Oil gives a glossy texture but will leave behind a beautiful tint. It contains four essential oils for hydration and is lightweight and non-sticky.

Chosungah 22 Dual Lip Tint & Gloss is a two in one for vivid and glamorous lips. The gloss is infused with cupuaçu butter which moisturizes and volumizes lips!

Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain is an oldie but a goodie. It's a great multi-tasking product that gives a nice flush to the skin. 

XOXO,
Marieke

Re: I'm looking for a lipstain I can use with chapstick, that lasts all day, and doesn't smudge over everything?

Hi @LabelleIrene!

Are you looking for lip stains as in liquid lipsticks (e.g. Sephora's Cream Lip Stain) or more like a wash of color, sort of like a tint?

For layering with chapstick and have no smearing whatsoever, I feel like the best option for you would be lip tints. Lip tints would provide the lasting color you're looking for and would allow you to apply chapstick or whatever you'd like on top without any fuss. 

Sephora sells some, like the Benetint, Posietint, etc. in Benefit's line. More affordable options can be found in K-beauty lines such as Tony Moly, Etude House, and Innisfree just to name a few (basically every line has tints). My personal favorite are by Tony Moly. A 3-pack of  their lip tints (red, orange, and red-pink) is sold on Amazon for under $10. 

Lip tints come in glossy finishes as well, like YSL's Glossy Stain (more sheer, more glossy), and Vinyl Cream Lip Stain (more pigmented). YSL's glossy stains will wear off a tad but will still stain your lips and leave you with a flush of color. 

Happy shopping!

@myumew I came on this thread to suggest to K-beauty brands as well! And I just bought that 3 pack of Tony Moly tints last night ;D they look so pretty and low maintenance

@spubu They're so good! They're gel-like so they aren't too watery when applied and personally, I really really enjoy the scent. Smells like Korean grape candy if you've ever tried them!

Yes! I'm familiar with those candies 😄 haha The gel texture is a selling point for me because I feel like I'd eventually spill the watery ones! @myumew

Thank you! I'm very new to the lip stain/color area so I think lip tints are exactly what I'm looking for! I appreciate all of your advice!

Chapstick is oil based, and oil breaks down makeup.  It's going to make pretty much any lip color less permanent, transferable, and more prone to smudging.  You're better off, probably, finding a moisturizing lipstick that you like, that you don't mind reapplying once or twice throughout the day.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing