garnett

I Have Rosy Lips So How Can I Make A Nude Lip Work For Me?

[ Edited ]

I hope this isn't a dippy question!  I just got the Give Me More Lip set of lipcolors and there are some very pretty nude/pale pink colors in the kit.  I have light skin but rosy tone lips and when I try to wear something nude or pale my lip color always bleeds through.  This is hardly "tragic" but I always love the look of smokey eyes and a nude lip so any tips would be greatly appreciated.  :smileyhappy:

garnett

Re: I Have Rosy Lips So How Can I Make A Nude Lip Work For Me?

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the great tips!  I just might get to rock a nude lip yet!  :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

Go watch Wayne Goss's video (YouTube) on this exact topic.  He's brilliant and really explains how to get it right.

brennn

MAC has a product called lip erase which basically does just that! It's a skin-tone lip base & is made to be worn under lipstick.  It also is a balm so it's non-drying. 

garnett

Concealer- of course!  haha  I have tried foundation but that didn't really work well for me.  Why didn't I go a step further? 

Thanks beautytester!  :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Concealers. Before applying lipstick apply concealer on the lips. You don't need to apply it all the way to inside of your mouth, a natural fade as it goes in is fine. Depends on the concealer you might also want to use a lip balm first so it's not drying out your lips.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • ChicDabbler
    • brennn
    • garnett